Screen Capturing - Screenshot Multiple Monitors

I know EnumDisplayMonitors doesn't exist in the include <WinAPI.au3> however from reading MSDN, it would seem this is what you would use to be able to do a screen capture on multiple monitors. It might be able to be done with _EnumDisplayDevices, but there's no options for it in the <ScreenCapture.au3> include file. I know this is PaulIA's project(s), I would add it myself, but I don't know the first thing when it comes to DLLCall(). I guess now would be a good time to learn.

I've tried searching the forum, and have come up with nothing. If someone has already done this then please post, if not please offer suggestions as to whether or not _EnumDisplayDevices would seem to be sufficient or if I will need to code EnumDisplayMonitors and have it added to the <WinAPI.au3> include.

Edit: Corrected all "Desktop" to "Display" sorry.

Thanks,

Jarvis

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Moderators

I know EnumDesktopMonitors doesn't exist in the include <WinAPI.au3> however from reading MSDN, it would seem this is what you would use to be able to do a screen capture on multiple monitors. It might be able to be done with _EnumDesktopDevices, but there's no options for it in the <ScreenCapture.au3> include file. I know this is PaulIA's project(s), I would add it myself, but I don't know the first thing when it comes to DLLCall(). I guess now would be a good time to learn.

I've tried searching the forum, and have come up with nothing. If someone has already done this then please post, if not please offer suggestions as to whether or not _EnumDesktopDevices would seem to be sufficient or if I will need to code EnumDesktopMonitors and have it added to the <WinAPI.au3> include.

Thanks,

Jarvis

What's the msdn link to EnumDesktopMonitors?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What's the msdn link to EnumDesktopMonitors?

Sm0ke_N, Apologies. Misspelled.

EnumDisplayMonitors

EnumDisplayDevices

GetDesktopWindow

Here is an ExpertsExchange article: Multiple Monitors (hint: scroll down the page to see the answers revealed in plain text)

It would seem that multiple calls to EnumDisplayDevices, I can obtain information on each of the Monitors so there may not be a major need at this point for the EnumDisplayMonitors WinAPI call. (This is based off the link above to MSDN for EnumDisplayDevices)

If that's the case, then I would need to modify the _WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow to be able to handle having multiple devices or a selection of which device to use. Nevermind on that..._WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow doesn't accept any arguments in the actual Windows API.

I am just throwing down my thoughts here.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

As was generously pointed out by Sm0ke_N, the ExpertsExchange page doesn't come up the way it does after you do a google search, and it's one of the results.

Google Search Experts Exchange should be the first link (non advertising that is).

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Moderators

As was generously pointed out by Sm0ke_N, the ExpertsExchange page doesn't come up the way it does after you do a google search, and it's one of the results.

Google Search Experts Exchange should be the first link (non advertising that is).

Thanks,

Jarvis

http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0697/monitor/monitor.aspx - that's a bit more work then I have time to put forth unfortunately.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0697/monitor/monitor.aspx - that's a bit more work then I have time to put forth unfortunately.

Yes that is quite an undertaking. For now, I just wont be able to capture multiple monitors, but I will definitely add this to my projects.

Thanks Sm0ke_N for the rapid responses!

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

External Links