Trigger from my mobile?

nicks

Hello everyone,

I want to know your opinion or how method you used if you need to trigger from your mobile an action on my pc, something as simple as a MsgBox.

I wonder how best to through my mobile trigger an action on my pc, something as simple as a MsgBox.

I think one of the possibilities is to send a sms, but the more I think about this , i'm more confused.

Sorry my English is not my first language.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you.

Nuno

The easiest way would probably be if you have an instant messaging app for you phone or email. anything would probably need a smart phone of sorts. If I'm not mistaken there is a setting for modems to wake up the computer on incoming. Maybe if you have a phone line too it?

Giggity

I will be posting my server remote script / framework hopefully within the next 2 days.

This will enable you to monitor/stop/start any program or service on your PC from a smart device (primarily designed for the iPhone, but any device with a browser that supports java will do). You can also run Autoit scripts as well. I have been using it for the last month and it works perfectly, just got to write the installer script :)

This is primarily designed for LAN use, having it facing the internet would be a baaaad idea. How remote do you want to be to trigger events ?

Edited by DK12000

I will be moving to native iPhone apps sometime (got to get the OSx86 working yet), but this is simply based on theguy0000's AuCGI handler and ptrex's LightTD instructions. So a light weight web server that has an index page that allows you to scan the PC for all linked executables and all services. When the page is refreshed it checks if the listed apps/services are running and changes the button from start to stop etc, simple but it works well.