Weather Gadget

billthecreator

Weather Gadget

This gadget allows you to see current weather with either a zip code, or city, state.

Type in a zip code, or a city and state with a comma between and press enter (or go).

It downloads information from the weather.com site.

You can also set an address as home, so instead of typing it again press "home" to go there,

or if you open it again, goes right to that location.

*New Version. 3.0.0.8 - 3.0.0.9 on website

*About GUI

*Options GUI

*Valuater's VistaWinAnimate()

*History: Shows the last visited city.

Working on international cities***

Posted Image

Previous Downloads:61

Weather.au3

Edited by billthecreator

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]My Scripts: From Most recent to least.[/font]Countdown GUI | QLOCK TWO | FlipClock | Slot Machine My UDF:_GenerateRandomNoRepeat | _GuiSnap

Bill, make your app international!

This url can get you started to retrieve location codes for non-US areas:

examples

http://www.weather.com/search/search?where=las%20vegas

http://www.weather.com/search/search?where=paris,france

Means you'll have to build-in a chooser to select from multiple hits, but it would be a nice addition :)

Oh, and don't forget to give a metric display option as well.

Bill, make your app international!

This url can get you started to retrieve location codes for non-US areas:

examples

http://www.weather.com/search/search?where=las%20vegas

http://www.weather.com/search/search?where=paris,france

Means you'll have to build-in a chooser to select from multiple hits, but it would be a nice addition :)

Oh, and don't forget to give a metric display option as well.

Wow... thank you...

will do.

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]My Scripts: From Most recent to least.[/font]Countdown GUI | QLOCK TWO | FlipClock | Slot Machine My UDF:_GenerateRandomNoRepeat | _GuiSnap

would u mind if i intigrated this into one of my upcoming updates for hikaku?

No Problem. That is one of the reasons i put my thoughts online, so that everyone can use my programs and can learn new things. Thats how i started.

Now with metric and english measurements!

Just temperatures though... working on mph, and kph.

Also refreshes every minute. No more manual refresh.

Edited by billthecreator

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting errors that there are "No matches Found" for any city/zipcode entered. Even the default city produces an error. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Note: I am running this on my work pc, so there is a possibility that a company firewall is blocking the traffic. However I don't think that's the case since it downloads the images to the "application data" folder correctly.

I keep getting errors that there are "No matches Found" for any city/zipcode entered. Even the default city produces an error. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Note: I am running this on my work pc, so there is a possibility that a company firewall is blocking the traffic. However I don't think that's the case since it downloads the images to the "application data" folder correctly.

I looked at it. and deleted the ini file, and it seemed to work...

for now, change the ini file key value for:

[settings]

Home=

^change that to your zip code...

The new update includes some fixes. Test it again and tell me if it helped.

Edited by billthecreator

I noticed that youre screenshot looked like it was from Vista (which I'm not using). However I do have a Virtual Machine Running the new Windows 7 Beta, and it works just fine there.

It appears that XP is where the problems at (or it may just be my laptop).

You might be interested in taking a look at this page Bill.

Creating gadgets the Microsoft way

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"