SysListView32

Hey, I want to change a few entries on a class type "SysListView32" on an external program.

Any chance you could tell me how editing lists work?

I was just going to use ControlSetText

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

• Moderators

Hey, I want to change a few entries on a class type "SysListView32" on an external program.

Any chance you could tell me how editing lists work?

I was just going to use ControlSetText

For basic stuff, use ControlCommand(). For more in depth, use _GUICtrlListview_* udf functions (they have examples).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

How do I edit an existing cell though?

I can return stuff already there, or make new boxes, but I can't find something that edits it:

$Data = ControlListView("Default.jcd - FlashGet", "", "SysListView321","GetItemCount")

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

How do I edit an existing cell though?

I can return stuff already there, or make new boxes, but I can't find something that edits it:

$Data = ControlListView("Default.jcd - FlashGet", "", "SysListView321","GetItemCount")
Like this: _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText()

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Okay, I got this much:

#Include <GuiListView.au3>
$hWnd = ControlGetHandle("Default.jcd - FlashGet", "", "SysListView321")
For $i = 0 To 1000
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($hWnd, $i, "Test")
Next

It can change all the values in the first column to "Test" but I can't get it to change anything other than that. I did the For...Next loop to see if the other cells were different indexes.. nope.

Thanks for the help... i didn't see SetItemText lol

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it, it was the subitem... I gnored that since it was AFTER the text. Thanks for all the help!

EDIT: Okay... it only wants to put in 3 characters for some reason, like, instead of actually setting it to "test" it only shows up as "tes"

Any idea?

Edited by VindicatorOmega

Okay, I got this much:

#Include <GuiListView.au3>
$hWnd = ControlGetHandle("Default.jcd - FlashGet", "", "SysListView321")
For $i = 0 To 1000
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($hWnd, $i, "Test")
Next

It can change all the values in the first column to "Test" but I can't get it to change anything other than that. I did the For...Next loop to see if the other cells were different indexes.. nope.

Thanks for the help... i didn't see SetItemText lol

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it, it was the subitem... I gnored that since it was AFTER the text. Thanks for all the help!

EDIT: Okay... it only wants to put in 3 characters for some reason, like, instead of actually setting it to "test" it only shows up as "tes"

Any idea?

_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth()

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

no, it's not the column width, the column is wide enough to fill an entire web URL in.

no, it's not the column width, the column is wide enough to fill an entire web URL in.

You'll have to post an example of the problem. Where did the string come from? Any chance there are nulls in there?