LockPC

psynegy

Didn't find a way to edit my post.. I would also like to see an option to disable all sounds while locked. For example messenger.

Not sure what UDF is. (Haven't been on the forums much.) But I found

{MEDIA_NEXT}
{MEDIA_PREV}
{MEDIA_STOP}
{MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE}
from another topic.
I suppose I could mute/un-mute the sound card.

Just working on another project at the moment, I'll take a look at it later, thanks for the suggestion though!

Edit:

I've just posted the source code in the hope someone can give me some suggestions on how to improve it!

Cheers :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go weakness

If _Singleton("OllieB.net-LockPC", 1) = 0 Then
    ProcessClose("LockPC.exe")
    ProcessWaitClose("LockPC.exe")
    Exit
EndIfoÝ÷ Ù(hºW[yÈZ­¡«­¢+Ù%}M¥¹±Ñ½¸ ÅÕ½Ðí=±±¥¹¹Ðµ1½­AÅÕ½Ðì°Ä¤ôÀQ¡¸(á¥Ð)¹%

Why? Because this is like killing yourself if you call the program again you will remove the lock.

AND IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU DON'T NAME TO FILE "LockPC.exe"

DLL injection.

1. The code you wrote don't have SUM check and if so the DLL is remove the program will crash so that is not the problem because the user will know that something is wrong but you should add so.

2. Patching the DLL by adding a RETN to every function(or just at the ENTRY POINT) in the DLL this will allow user to use task manager and so on. Fix this by using hash check.

You should make the program copy it self to a temp dir with a random name so process close will not work "ProcessClose("LockPC.exe")"

All these problem only exists in WinXP as the CD drive auto run is run on by default.

The program it self is in autoit so normal injection will never work so its pretty safe.

If I find anything else I will tell you.

Can't edit the last one the text is weird.

Here the clock script should be to make the blinking go away

If @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC <> $last Then
$last = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC
GUICtrlSetData($CLOCK, $last)
endif

Thanks for the suggestions, and I cannot belive I didn't pick up on that Singleton thing, I knew that was an issue, must have forgotten about it!!

With the hashing and copying to a temp DIR... I'm by no means claiming this to be bank grade security... It was just something to keep my nosey sister off my FaceBook, and to add a little bit of style and customisation to my PC!

I'll fix those bugs tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out that if you add an hotkey to open the program and press it when LockPC is open it will "close" it. The program is still running and I couldn't open it again nor could open Program manager. I had to shut it with Process Explorer.

Is it possible to prevent that?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry that i revive this:O

but i have a small problem with it:(

when i run it no problem but when i enter the pass and try to open it again then it just does't show up? so i think there is a problem with closing the process? can someone please help me with this?:o cause i love this scrpt soo much O.o

Greetz

• 5 months later...