The M-Script Project

Guest Guidosoft

Guest Guidosoft

OK. I am starting a project called the M-Script project. M-Script means mind script. It will be an artifically intelegent program capable of rashonial thaught and emotions and etc. If will have an awake state, and will be able to sleep, and dream. It will explore a virtual projection of the hard drive while its awake (ex: A file being a rock. A character being an atom or some other building block.) and will construct its own world while its asleep.

There will be several units (witch themselves are seperate scripts.) witch will be intergrated together to form this one specific mind. Each member of the project will be responsible for creating each script and making sure it is ok with everyone else and will work together with those scripts.

I will start a yahoo group so we can do this.

They are different grouping of units called um well groups.

OK, so here is group: Unconcious mind.

1. Abstraction/Creativity - Must have ability to take different things and compose a completly new type of thing.

2. Language - Must be capable of comprehending language.

3. World Projector - Must take information being fed by to it by senses and construct a world in its current memory.

4. Memory - Must record present memory into historical memery. Must also record thaughts.

5. Emotion - Must be capable of emotion.

Group 2: Concious Mind

5. Reasoning/Logic - Must be capable of logic.

6. Free-will - Must be capable of making a decision based off of other factors.

There are much more units but I cannot think of them right now. Anyway, this project will be done in a yahoo group so it will be easier. All scripts much be able to work together from a master script that loops and handles all the others to form a working autoit mind.

Who wants to join?

I will post the link to that group as soon as I make it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read everything, but as soon as I got to 'rashional thaught' it destroyed any anticipation I had for this thread, mind fixing the spelling on that? Unless of course your native language isn't English... then I'm just being a dick :lmao:

EDIT:

... in AutoIT?

In ANYTHING? You make a script that takes this 'file' and, not by any STATIC DEFINITIONS, determines what it is:

Stick

Your idea doesn't even make sense to me. It's impossible. You cannot teach a program about physical objects, or anything really. It can simulate some static things (SmarterChild for example) but it cannot be 'creative' in any sense.

SmarterChild cannot come up with things people will like. SmarterChild didn't decide people liked movies and started storing information about them.

*SmarterChild is an AIM chat bot, message it for more information.

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

6. Free-will - Must be capable of making a decision based off of other factors.

Also, to be a little off-topic... what you just said contradicts itself. It's not free will if it's based off of other factors. If a man has a gun to your head and says 'Make me a ham sammich,' you're going to do it. Not because of free will, but because of 'other factors.'

I suggest you rename it to 'Decision making' to simply please my ego on having recently learned this and putting it into context :lmao:

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

well, i like the idea, but if he can give me an idea how he's gonna make it store stuff in his memory for a long time, AND bind it to ceartan moment. count me in

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

Guest Guidosoft

Descision Making - Makes descisions on what it is forced to do based on other factors.

Happy? :lmao:

well, i like the idea, but if he can give me an idea how he's gonna make it store stuff in his memory for a long time, AND bind it to ceartan moment.  count me in

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will save a grid of what it is seeing at the present moment and store it in the memory quee. Every new moment it will store the grid of what it sees in the quee. This data will be compressed as much as possible. And it will only be able to access certain memorys that come up often or are added much emphasis to due to strong emotions or etc. Current thaughts will also be stored in tmp memory as well as permanant memory quee. This will be stored in several files in a memory folder. It will have several lifes actually, so once its memory reaches a certian size, it is wiped out and lives again from scratch. Its memory will store information about what objects look like and stuffs like that.

All virtual data will be projected as physical objects on a 2Dimensional Grid. When it sleeps, it will explore its own world that it fabricates. While it is dreaming, it will practice and learn how to do things as practice so that when it wakes up, it is much more efficent then it was.

As this thing navigates, it can move stuff around and all at. I am still debating as to how this world will be like. Perhaps each file will be projected as a wall with different things inside it representing its data. It will have morals built in from birth that will tell it what is right and what is wrong. What is wrong: Never alter stuff in a file or move a file around.

I think I need more ideas because I want it to manipulate stuff in its world but not destroy files.

Anyway, gimi some ideas that maybe much better then what I am saying right now.

I really don't think this is going to be to hard. Everyone just has to pick one unit and work on that one specific unit. And that shouldn't be too hard if they can work out ways on how to do it.

Creativity does not have to be that of human creativity. Remember, this is not a human being, it has its own desires and etc. Perhaps we might be able to simulate human abstractivity, but if not, then it will create its own bizzare things. But I already have a plan on how this is all possible.

What language is this going in...? Do you have any examples yet?

Thanks for taking my advice :lmao:

Guest Guidosoft

What do you mean?

LIke what language is will understand (English, spanish, its own kind, etc)?

Or what is will be programmed in (AutoIt, etc.)?

#2 and #3 please.

I still don't see how this will work... AutoIT is NOT capable of this.

Well how would you make a 'robot' in AutoIT that's not static?

This would be a huge project, seemingly REQUIRING OOP to be organized...?

RE: free will and decision making

the concept of free-will is debated as being useful at all. consider a mortal man who wakes up in a room full of beautiful women and good food and never considers or wants to leave, and therefore never notices that there is no door. or he sees a door, but does not know it is locked and there is no key. is he free? if free will is "when you choose something and have the ability to choose otherwise" then yes, he is free. for although he could not walk out of a door to leave the room, he has the ability to kill himself. that thought may not have crossed his mind, though.

it's really easy to give a software program this level of free will. make a set of several options and then use a true Random Number Generator to "make the choice". inserting true randomosity can give your program a leg up on a human being. many intel chips are capable of generating these. see here

Edited by Alterego

It's impossible to generate true random numbers, but that's beside the point :lmao: (you may find this interesting: http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid...344224&from=rss )

This program wouldn't have any free will based on the facts you gave. A famous philospher (name slips my mind) said everyone is born with free will, it is of your free will that you use it. I suppose you could give it some thought, decision making. But it won't have any free will, because it's not a physical being.

Its thought would be programmed, if the best programmers in the world cannot replicate the slightest bit of actual AI (to my knowledge) then it's far out of AutoIT's reach. To determine whether or not to 'move' to one file or I suppose object in 'its' world is a hard idea for me to even imagine. It'd have to be random, or linear. It cannot find file 'stick' then move to 'leaf' and finally 'tree' for example.

It'd have to be staticly programmed to know that a stick / tree / and leaf are related.

[edit]

i should add, a post-modern materialist would say that even then he is not free because by killing himself he does not leave the room.

LOL! How ironic is that, even after death they remain materialists o:) Edited by Insolence

Guest Guidosoft

(2): Laungauge Comprehension

The script will have its own simple language in witch is will be able to perform logical thaught. This will enable it to think properly and make descisions good. This language will not be english because english is to screwed up a language for an AutoIt script.

A string of characters will be formed together to make words just like in english only it will have a set of 255 chars to use. Each word is seperated by spaces and has a period at the end.

Its built-in language is predefined and is known from birth. It can have its own dictionary for extra existing words witch will be described with the existing words.

Lets say that the thaught comes accross the mind of the script: "Am I a fart?"

Well the script will first check to see if it is a question so that it may anticipate certain things in the question.

Then, knowing it is a question, the script will check the first word, witch is what. So, the script knows that we want to know if something is something else.

So the script looks for the first noun. It finds I. So it is refering to itself. However, it does not need to know that it is refering to itself, only that it is refering to the noun I.

Next, it looks for an adjetive or an article. If it finds an article, then it knows we want to know if I is something.

So now, the script looks for the word in its dictionary or from it predefined knowledge. It checks out all of the properties of the noun I and all the properties of the noun fart. If all the properties in fart are found in I, then it comes to the conclusion that it is in fact a fart.

Of course, we are going to have to plan out alot if we are going to make it so comprehend "Goto the rock and shoot it."

Actually, that if fairly simple.

A mere property dictionary will be required for verbs and nouns witch describe the actions to be done for the verb, and the attributes of the noun.

So actually, this part is quite simple. However, it will not use english. You will be able to communicate with it though through english. It will translate to its own language and then back.

(3): World Construction based on virtual data.

It will start out it the folder you ran it in. It will look for all the files in that folder, and send it to the world constructor unit. The world constructor unit will take all of the information about the files and create a 2D grid of physical objects representing each

file. A wall representing the folder will be built around the thing. As it navigates through the world, it will record all of what it sees. If it goes to a place and comes back, it will not re-create and record. Instead, it will revisit based on that already built representation of the world. It will only change if it notices a difference in the folder or files, in witch case, it will change the physical objects in the grid. As the script navigates, it will add the new stuff onto its memory. So when it returns it will find the same thing. However, this world does not have to remain constant, so a long trip away from a certain place may result in its deletion from it virtual memory so that it does not waste too much disk space to virtually represent every single file on the hard drive. So it has limited memory. Its world is constant.

During dreaming, the thing will make up its own world and go around. This will be a very dynamic world, barely remembered at all. It will go somewhere, come back and it will be different.

Whenever it goes to a certain place, and it already has a memory of the appearance of that place, it only records its possition in that point in time in the memory. The memory is compressed as much as possible. It will also record its thaughts at the time.

Do I need to elaborate more cause I don't think I am explaining right or clearly. Please forgive me it is difficult to explain.

This will all be written in purely AutoIt. I think it IS possible. Maybe slow because of autoits speed but definatly possible.

Guest Guidosoft

It'd have to be staticly programmed to know that a stick / tree / and leaf are related.

Ah, that is ware you are wrong.

Square:

Has 4 corners.

Has all right angles.

All sides are equal.

Has 4 parrel sides.

Parrelelagram:

Has 4 corners.

Has at least 2 parralel sides.

Script thinks: Is a square a parreleagram?

Script checks if all the properties of a parralelagram are present in a sqaure.

If so then it is true. They are related in this manner.

Script thinks: Is a parralelagram a square?

Script checks to see if all the properties of a square are present in a parralegram. No it is not. So the script assumes it is not.

Stick:

A line (For all the script knows just for this example.)

Stickage (Word I made up for this example)

Group of sticks.

The script thinks: Is a stick a stickage?

Compares the properties. No a stick is not a stickage.

Script thinks: In what way is a stick related to a stickage:

Looks through stick to find something about a stickage. Doesn't find nothing.

Looks through stickage to find something about sticks. Finds that a stickage is a group of sticks. Therefore stick are related to stickages because a stickage is made of sticks.

Get it?

Of course, it will be easier to code language comprehension if we give it its own simpler language then english.

Compares WHAT properties?

You're being very vague, do you have any examples?

It cannot tell it's a stick based on the word stick unless it's STATICALLY defined in the 'database' it uses. It doesn't know a square is a square unless you tell it exactly what it is, then it has to measure... wtf? This won't work.