Totally new to autoit...

Zompy

Hey, some of you might know wc3, warcraft 3, well i want to make a single play bot for that, but im wondering how i can make some kind of script for that, sometimes your at the place up, smetimes down, so always making a building at one coordinate doesnt work... Im completely noob :) I did make some little scripts though.

Hey, some of you might know wc3, warcraft 3, well i want to make a single play bot for that, but im wondering how i can make some kind of script for that, sometimes your at the place up, smetimes down, so always making a building at one coordinate doesnt work... Im completely noob :) I did make some little scripts though.

Yeessh... good luck. I recommend doing some forum searches first. Gamebots aren't exactly easy, especially for a real time strategy game that manipulates resources and makes concious decisions about what needs to do what! Isn't there a product available out there for this already?

The first step to bot writing in Autoit ofcourse would be to have a general understanding of Autoit.

Understand how variables are used, control structure like while loops, arrays.

After this I would spend sometime writing a simple script using the pixel functions...like pixelsearch.

Write a scrpit that does something, could be to make something move left or right if a certain pixel changes colors.

After you have made a little working script, redesign, rewrite untill you have a good idea of the mechanics.

From here you could scrap pixel searches and directly work with memory, nomadmemory.au3 is a wonderfull tool for botmakers. There are a lot of posts on this site devoted to memory manipulation.

These are a few steps you could follow to start working on your bot.

On a side note, I would think that botmaking for a strategy game would be more difficult that other types of games. I would spend a good amount of time working out what you want it to do and under what circumstances the bot should do this or that.

I like cookies?

Im busy on another project, but i need your help guys, i cannot figure out how to insert a second thing, like when i type moz it will do something else, help!

; Prompt the user to run the script - use a Yes/No prompt (4 - see help file)
$answer = MsgBox(4, "AutoIt Example (English Only)", "Opening the leader project.  Run?")

; Check the user's answer to the prompt (see the help file for MsgBox return values)
; If "No" was clicked (7) then exit the script
If $answer = 7 Then
    MsgBox(4096, "AutoIt", "OK.  Bye!")
    Exit
EndIf

; Loop around until the user gives a valid "autoit" answer
$bLoop = 1
While $bLoop = 1
    $text = InputBox("AutoIt Example", "Please enter the program you want to run")
    If @error = 1 Then
        MsgBox(4096, "Error", "You pressed 'Cancel' - try again!")
    Else
       ; They clicked OK, but did they type the right thing?
        If $text <> "TFTB" Then
            MsgBox(4096, "Error", "You typed in the wrong thing - try again!")
        Else
Run the TFT script, removed due size
            $bLoop = 0   ; Exit the loop - ExitLoop would have been an alternative too :)
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

; Print the success message
MsgBox(4096,"AutoIt Example", "You typed in the correct word!  Congrats.")

; Finished!

Im busy on another project, but i need your help guys, i cannot figure out how to insert a second thing, like when i type moz it will do something else, help!

$answer = MsgBox(4, "AutoIt Example (English Only)", "Opening the leader project.  Run?")

; Check the user's answer to the prompt (see the help file for MsgBox return values)
If $answer = 7 Then
    Exit
EndIf

$bLoop = 1
While $bLoop = 1
    If @error = 1 Then
    Else
        If $text <> "TFTB" Then
        Else
Run the TFT script, removed due size
            $bLoop = 0  ; Exit the loop - ExitLoop would have been an alternative too :)
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

; Finished!
Like this?

If $answer = 7 Then
    Exit
EndIf

$bLoop = 1
While $bLoop = 1
    If @error = 1 Then
    Else
          Select
               Case $text = "TFTB"
                    ;Run the TFT Script, removed due to size
               Case $text = "MOZ"
                    ;Do Something Else!
               Case Else
          EndSelect
    EndIf
WEnd

; Finished!

I cant find it IN the help file, well, i figured out how it works now :)

SciTE has context sensitive help.

If you type Sleep(100) and put your mouse on the word "sleep" hit F1 and your help file should open with details on that command.