SMTP email

Jac

Hi im trying to use autoit to send email with our smtp server. My pc is authorize to send email with the server and i tested it with this software "MultiMail2" and it's working just fine but not with autoit

Here is the code

$s_SmtpServer = "192.168.x.x"

$s_FromName = "TEST"

$s_FromAddress = "test@domainname.qc.ca"

$s_ToAddress = "test@domainname.qc.ca"

$s_Subject = "test"

Dim $as_Body[2]

$as_Body[0] = "The file " & $FileName & " is out of date"

$as_Body[1] = "Second Line"

$Resultat = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body)

$err = @error

If $Resultat = 1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Success!", "Mail sent")

Else

MsgBox(0, "Error!", "Mail failed with error code " & $err)

EndIf

I always received error code "Mail failed with error code 50"

Any help please

Thanks !

Look at the $s_first parameter for _INetSmtpMail(). I found that my mail server required the -1 value that the help file mentioned.

$s_FromName = "TEST"
$s_Subject = "test"
Dim $as_Body[2]
$Resultat = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ComputerName, -1)
$err = @error

If $Resultat = 1 Then
Else
EndIf
Edited by SpookMeister

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Thanks it worked !

Look at the $s_first parameter for _INetSmtpMail(). I found that my mail server required the -1 value that the help file mentioned.

$s_FromName = "TEST"
$s_Subject = "test"
Dim $as_Body[2]
$Resultat = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ComputerName, -1)
$err = @error

If $Resultat = 1 Then
Else
EndIf

• 3 weeks later...

Can u put full code for send email ??

You might want to take a look at this.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

Erm may I ask why that matters? this is a support topic, and I think hes asking for the correct result...

In that case he should use the infamous search feature...

Cheers,

Brett

Erm may I ask why that matters? this is a support topic, and I think hes asking for the correct result...

In that case he should use the infamous search feature...

Cheers,

Brett

Yeah, I guess your right.

@Quzziy: I use to have this Email GUI I got from the example scripts section, but I just searched and couldn't find it.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

• 1 month later...

You might want to take a look at this.

uhhh just incase you didnt notice (if your warning him that is) he never actually DID say whether or not the source was 'not for our eyes' so yeah....

Edited by CodyBarrett

because i was researching this function for myself.... and this overreaction\missunderstanding was bugging me :\