Run remote application on lan

Cyber

Hi!

I have a problem.

Can i run an application on remote computer (on lan)?

I dont know a command in windows console (cmd)

Need application?

Thanks!

Console Browse: Navigate on the WEB in a textual consoleMultiPing!: Show computer on the lan and/or show the local/remote task, ALL animated!KillaWin: Event executingCryptPage: Crypt your webpage and show only with key

Hi!

I have a problem.

Can i run an application on remote computer (on lan)?

I dont know a command in windows console (cmd)

Need application?

Thanks!

Hi,

There are thousands of ways to do what u want. But first tell me what application is to be run. Is it another script in exe format or is it something diffn, like launching media player or likes. Please tell me more clearly what u want to run.

Also what OS?

the OS of source and target m/cs will determine the method to get there. Coz Vista is a big pain and only 1 way works.

I have a ready script to do this. I just developed it a few days ago.

Please ans these questions, so that i can help u better.

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Hi,

There are thousands of ways to do what u want. But first tell me what application is to be run. Is it another script in exe format or is it something diffn, like launching media player or likes. Please tell me more clearly what u want to run.

Also what OS?

the OS of source and target m/cs will determine the method to get there. Coz Vista is a big pain and only 1 way works.

I have a ready script to do this. I just developed it a few days ago.

Please ans these questions, so that i can help u better.

Thanks!

i need for windows XP and Vista.

The programs is any exe file.

Console Browse: Navigate on the WEB in a textual consoleMultiPing!: Show computer on the lan and/or show the local/remote task, ALL animated!KillaWin: Event executingCryptPage: Crypt your webpage and show only with key

all right..

For Vista:

1) here we have to use psexec, coz nothing else works. Its damn diffi to use anything else, and there are a lot of tweaks to make it work with those other methods. u'll find psexec here. just download and copy it in ur comp's c:\windows\system32 folder on ur source m/c. there no need for it to be on ur target m/c.

then copy the exe on a location on remote comp. Its very imp to give local path while using psexec

syntax:

psexec //<remotecompname> -u username -p "password" <path to exe>

For XP:

XP n Win2k3Server are the best OS to use "schtasks"

Just search for schtasks and und the syntax. now what u do is this

1) schtasks /create /s <remotecompname> /ru username /rp "password" /tn "applicationexe" /tr <path to exe> /sc daily /st 00:02:00

2) schtasks /run /s <remotecompname> /u username /p "password" /tn "applicationexe" /f

3) schtasks /delete /s <remotecompname> /u username /p "password" /tn "applicationexe" /f

In this we create a task, run it immediately, and delete it. The task runs the exe on remote comp.

Simple and Sweet.

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com