Scripted A.I.

Hey,

I building a program that has to do alot of different things, with alot of different outcomes.

Would it be possible to create some kind of scripted sequence or A.I. that can make suggestions or give some kind of insight. without creating 5000 lines of if then and case statements,

i know this is a long shot, but maybe there is a way...

If someone knows something, please tell me.

- Dreamfire - :)

If someone knows something, please tell me.

I for myself know all about everything.

I can write a complete A.I. for you using no more than 20 lines of code. Are you interested? Would you like to have this code? No problem: just transfer some money to my German bank account, I'll PN you the data. If it's not enough, I'll drop you a note so you can transfer more.

I for myself know all about everything.

I can write a complete A.I. for you using no more than 20 lines of code. Are you interested? Would you like to have this code? No problem: just transfer some money to my German bank account, I'll PN you the data. If it's not enough, I'll drop you a note so you can transfer more.

wooo.. that's rude
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

I think someone made an AI that "learnt" a while back. Maybe search to see what everyone else has done?

And cherdeg and Manjish, find something constructive to do. :lmao: (I will accept donations as well, I need to money for a ZigBee 8CH 10A relay board and Modem.... Costs like 300bucks + US :) )

Cheers,

Brett

And cherdeg and Manjish, find something constructive to do. :lmao:

For my part...that was constructive. I really know everything :) I don't mean to be rude...please try to recognize that I only hoax him, ok?

I mean - Hey, c'mon: Artificial Intelligence? That's what A.I. is about, right? We don't talk about A.I. like in "Aberrant Infancy", "Abject Indignities" or even "Ass Itching", do we?

I am definitely of the opinion that if A.I. is possible at all (I dare not to hope it is, although I'd like to), it's not dependent on the programming language used. But by inversion of the argument: would somebody in need of A.I. use AutoIt? I really don't think so.

If a program "learns" to automate similar and ever repeating processes, this has nothing to do with A.I. This program may be called "intelligent" but it does not contain A.I.

Edited by cherdeg

What is this A.I. supposed to do? (Are you trying to make a bot for a game?) You can script for quite a few possible outcomes if you know what to expect.

True learning A.I. is probably a bit beyond autoit, though I won't say it's impossible.

AI is not beyond autoit and depending on what you want it to do could be done somewhat easily; however, it would need a large amount of space to store what it has learned. It will also need to learn. So unless you are willing to take the time to teach it, it is probably not the way to go. What are you trying to do? Sounds like a good time to use arrays.

AI is not beyond autoit and depending on what you want it to do could be done somewhat easily; however, it would need a large amount of space to store what it has learned. It will also need to learn. So unless you are willing to take the time to teach it, it is probably not the way to go. What are you trying to do? Sounds like a good time to use arrays.

The program needs to do a few basic statics tasks, eg; run a test..

Then the program will get an out come, eg; working/not working..

But the test wil also show an detailed out come why it is or isnt working, eg; no connection/no power/more..

And here is were the so called scripted A.I. is suppose to come in, rather instead of making alot of if then statements, im trying to come up with a way to tell the program, eg; a = b then b = false..

this will make me able to just put data in en get data out based on variables and that the program can come up with a suggestion if it finds a similarity on input and output.

if the program outputs the data, it will result into a bunch (50+) of simple tasks and functions.

Edited by Dreamfire

I don't think you understand what artificial intelligence means.

AI means to check a certain thing and do something according to that thing. This is also what IF does so if you want AI you NEED to use IF.

If you are looking for something like a ArtificialIntelligence() function I'm sorry to say that you won't find anything like that in ANY programing language. I doubt even the intelligence agencies got such a thing.

Edited by Pain

I don't think you understand what artificial intelligence means.

AI means to check a certain thing and do something according to that thing. This is also what IF does so if you want AI you NEED to use IF.

If you are looking for something like a ArtificialIntelligence() function I'm sorry to say that you won't find anything like that in ANY programing language. I doubt even the intelligence agencies got such a thing.

I want to use If Then statements, only not 5000 of then. im looking for a way to keep the code as simple as possible but with the same results.

Edited by Dreamfire

You might get away with 4999 :)

Have a go and see what you come up with. If your scripting it to test your application, then you might want to try different things. I can think of a few possibilities of using some sort of scripted AI to automate different tasks through what it can see in the window to what it needs to do. But that would take a lot of time... :think:

So have a go and see what comes out of it.

Cheers,

Brett

P.S IMO cherdeg- you are being rude. You do not know everything, try some googling about A.I. It is possible to do this with AutoIt- sure it would be complicated, but its not beyond it. :lmao:

Cheers,

Brett