{lshift up} not working for anyone else?

• 6 months later...

LSHIFT UP does not work for me either. Exactly as you describe, once you use LSHIFT DOWN, the key stays down until you manually hit the left shift key.

Edited by Yorn

Is there any way to force all keys up? Preferably through some sort of hardware hack so we don't have to wait for this to get patched? Again, if {LSHIFT DOWN} is used for 15 seconds then {LSHIFT UP} will ***NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES*** undo it.

Simple script to test:

Send("{LSHIFT DOWN}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{LSHIFT UP}")

Run that, then watch as your computer continually runs with Left Shift Down. Just try clicking on anything, it won't work or will highlight text or do whatever would normally happen with shift down.

Edited by Yorn

What! This is unacceptable. The same thing is happening to me, and it is really messing up my script. My code:

Send("{LSHIFT down}") ;Left Shift down
Sleep(1000)
MouseClick("right") ;Right Mouse press
Sleep(1000)
Send("{LSHIFT up}") ;Left Shift up
Edited by motionman95

• Developers

What! This is unacceptable.

What is unacceptable?

There's no fix for this, is there?

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/1094 ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It seems like this bug is only fixed in the BETA...am I right?

According to the ticket it is fixed for the next Beta release. If all goes well then the fix will remain in the Beta releases until the next Full release, and somehow I seem to recall that being the primary reason for Beta releases, to test new and changed code before it is finalized. Don't bother asking for release dates. They are released when they are released.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

i'm using it.... nothing bad has happened XD

• Developers

Hmm...If I were to get the BETA release, would I be risking anything?

Beta runs next to the production release so you easily test it, but you haven't answered my first question and I am really curious which part you consider unacceptable? Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I was frustrated...and I think that what I posted earlier was a poor choice of words. I had been trying to troubleshoot my application for an hour and a half when I gave up and checked the forums. And discovered that it wasn't working just because I was horrible at coding, but because it was a bug. And to me it seemed like the guy got very little help.

Edited by motionman95

• Developers

I was frustrated...and I think that what I posted earlier was a poor choice of words. I had been trying to troubleshoot my application for an hour and a half when I gave up and checked the forums. And discovered that it wasn't working just because I was horrible at coding, but because it was a bug. And to me it seemed like the guy got very little help.

Yea, well that can happen that people don't read threads. To be honest: I only pick the posts that appear well formulated and will avoid most of the bot stuff as I am not interested in that. Picking a good Topic title and subtitle is very important as that is the first selection most people do.

Its understandable that it can be frustrating when you hit a bug but that doesn't mean you should post like you did because that will only have an adverse effect as many will just "walk away" from your posted question.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE AND ANYONE SEARCHING FOR A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM CODE:

Send("{LSHIFT DOWN}")
Sleep(500)
Send("{LSHIFT UP}")

THE FIX:

Send("{LSHIFT DOWN}")
Sleep(500)
Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")
Send("{SHIFTUP}")

Something about {SHIFTDOWN} "resets" the {LSHIFT DOWN}. Please use this workaround till the official patch comes out. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Edited by Yorn

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE AND ANYONE SEARCHING FOR A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM CODE:

Send("{LSHIFT DOWN}")
Sleep(500)
Send("{LSHIFT UP}")

THE FIX:

Send("{LSHIFT DOWN}")
Sleep(500)
Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")
Send("{SHIFTUP}")

Something about {SHIFTDOWN} "resets" the {LSHIFT DOWN}. Please use this workaround till the official patch comes out. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Your solution makes sense. Thanks for the awesome fix! Hopefully this will help everyone experiencing problems with this.

Edited by motionman95