Addressing a "popup window" - Facebook - Friends For Sale

I have made a few simple scripts for running Facebook applications... Currently I am trying to upgrade my script for buying friends in FFS. I have already made a script which does that well, but I don't like the way it's done. I want it to run in background, so I can do other stuff while it runs.

The problem is addressing the button 'Purchase for $...' within "popup window" which is displayed once you click on 'Buy for $...' link from person's FFS profile page. (In my current script I am clicking that 'Purchase..' button using sending of keystrokes.) This popup is not a separate browser window - it is just some java/html thing that is displayed over the page... I have seen this done on other pages in combination with dimming the page below the popup... (I hope you know what I'm talking about...) The code for this popup is not in the code of the profile page - it is generated by executing some Java commands running some PHP...

Does anyone have an idea how to deal with this?

No idea, sorry. But i am also interested in dealing with java. I would like to make a script that helps with the "mobsters" app on facebook or myspace. There is a "Java.au3" here on the forums but it did not seem complete, then again I didnt try it either.

• 4 months later...

@marian001...I would install DebugBar and look in the help file for IE functions.

Thanks for the tip.. I still wasn't able to resolve the problem... I guess I wasn't looking enough yet :-)

Anyways, I've had a request for my friends for sale code. I am attaching it... but I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure if it's still functional. Due to the described and unresolved problem, the functionality of the script is quite primitive.

facebook_FFS.au3

To run this, you will also need to create file FFS.csv (in the same directory as the script) with user numbers in one column, e.g.

regards

Marian

www.marian001.com