How to configure desktop and sreensaver

babou

Hi all,

I would like to know in a user session, witch screensaver is active, witch desktop is active, and how to change them if it is a bad configuration.

I have found that on the forum, I can know if a screensaver is active

$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
     $retvaL = DllCall($dll, "long",  "SystemParametersInfo", "long", $SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE, "long",  $lActiveFlag, "long", 0, "long", 0)
     DllClose($dll)

But i cannot know witch one is used. I have got the same pb for the desktop.

Thanks all

Hi all,

I would like to know in a user session, witch screensaver is active, witch desktop is active, and how to change them if it is a bad configuration.

I have found that on the forum, I can know if a screensaver is active

$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
     $retvaL = DllCall($dll, "long",  "SystemParametersInfo", "long", $SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE, "long",  $lActiveFlag, "long", 0, "long", 0)
     DllClose($dll)

But i cannot know witch one is used. I have got the same pb for the desktop.

Thanks all

Hi, using WMI u can get which wallpaper is used, and also which screen saver is active. the windows scriptomatic package is attached. Select the Win32_Desktop group from it adn click run. and ya, u can directly use the code given there into autoit. It will work gr8. just check it out. i dnt hv time to write the entire script, so please help urself to it.
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

thank you very much, but i would like to work with user32.dll, "SystemParametersInfo", to know witch wallpaper is used and witch sreensaver is used. To install the wallpaper i would like to use "setdeskwallpaper" and a another user32.dll function to install screensaver.

Is it possible to do it ? a how to script it ?

thanks all

hey i think this can be of some use to u. please check it out and tell me. I hav only worked once with API, personally i prefer WMI. anyways, hope u get what u need.

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Very good :lmao: it is what i was looking for

i just have to find now the same code for wallpaper :)

maybe this for wallpaper