How to call mouse functions (coord, clicks) without affecting the actual mouse user input?

boji

I like a friendly programmer here to help get me started in the right direction. I've read a little on API and .dll's but I have not seen anything that speaks to my needs.

Here is what I'd like to do:

I want to manipulate mouse and keyboard movement (or emulate it) so as to perform mouse and keyboard related tasks on a terribly slow program, all the while not affecting the user's ability to move the mouse and use the keyboard normally, do other things to other programs.

I admit this might reveal a major lack of understanding on my part, for example there may be commands in auto it for just this task.

Or perhaps there is no solution yet without using, say, something like windows multi input SDK and C#. (Neither of which I have a clue how to use)

Again, any help will be most appreciated. Hell, even if its a book on visual basic or some standard programmers guide that deals with hidden instruction sets, etc.

does the programe have buttoms seeable by autoi window info.

if so, you can use, ControlClick & ControlSend...

see the Helpfile for more info.

No. I've used the AU3Info to this end, and can not get the program to respond to ControlCclick and ControlSend.

Remarks on ControlClick:

"Some controls will resist clicking unless they are the active window. Use the WinActivate() function to force the control's window to the top before using ControlClick()."

Having to bring the window to the front is what I am trying to avoid. I'd like it all going on in the background.

Edited by boji