script works but fails on different computer

fastman

Hi,

This is my first real script and it does not transfer from one machine to another. Code is at keep_HR_batch_running.au3

I have an excel utility that processes a bunch of files and due to dos calls, it only works properly when it has focus.

Some windows XP patch causes the program to lose focus, so i wrote this script to keep it active.

Basically the script:

- starts the excel program

- identifies the window

- activates that window every 5 seconds.

It works as designed on my machine. But i need to run it on another machine. It fails.

it displays the msgbox ""Found the correct handle" and "Batch has started" but then

fails to display the next message box "Keeping Batch Active" and fails to keep the focus.

distributed as compiled first.

then installed current AutoIt on other machine. reboot. copy src script. still no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Oops, the problem was in my excel file.

It was somehow not always creating the semaphore file, so the Auotit script was waiting for the program to start, even though it already had.

Hi,

This is my first real script and it does not transfer from one machine to another. Code is at keep_HR_batch_running.au3

I have an excel utility that processes a bunch of files and due to dos calls, it only works properly when it has focus.

Some windows XP patch causes the program to lose focus, so i wrote this script to keep it active.

Basically the script:

- starts the excel program

- identifies the window

- activates that window every 5 seconds.

It works as designed on my machine. But i need to run it on another machine. It fails.

it displays the msgbox ""Found the correct handle" and "Batch has started" but then

fails to display the next message box "Keeping Batch Active" and fails to keep the focus.

distributed as compiled first.

then installed current AutoIt on other machine. reboot. copy src script. still no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,