Automating an install - begginers help please!

I'm trying to create a script that will check to see if an installation is install, if not then it should install the application. I got a start on it but I'm stuck on how to call buttons. A window pops up and I need to hit install, not sure how to script that and haven't found an example that's shows me either. Any help would be great.

My script so far: (The paths I have in there are just for an example.)

'Check to see if the old license file exist, if so delete it. Then check to see if the new client is installed, if it is not then call the install module.

If FileExists("c:\evrsi.sys") Then

FileDelete("c:\evrsi.sys")

Elseif FileExists("C:\Windows\Program Files\Rockwell Software\Factory Talk Activation\ftactTool.exe") Then

EndIf

Else Fileinstall("C:\Windows\Program Files\Rockwell Software\Factory Talk Activation\ftactTool.exe", "C:\") Then

EndIf

' Factory Talk Activation Installation Module

FileInstall("C:\Rockwell Software\3.02 Client\setup.exe", "C:\")

-----> I'm stuck (Attachment shows a printscreen of where I am stuck.)<-------

The information about the windows is on the printscreen.

yes but you need to interact with it.

you can read what is on the screen, but can autoit?

EDIT:

p.s. alot of times send("{space}") will work...

as space is a select operator... as long as the focus of the screen is on the "install" button.

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

I can see on the information about the window I want to control but I don't know how to call the button. If I remember right I should be able to use a command to call the "Install" button and so on until the installation is complete. Not sure how to change focus on to the window I want and call the buttons.

You are adding confusion.

If a control or window can be manipulated, it will be identified by the AutoIt Window Info tool.

You are adding confusion.

If a control or window can be manipulated, it will be identified by the AutoIt Window Info tool.

thats the first thing i told him actually......

i was making exactly that point.

you want to control click the button... IF AUTOIT window info can see it.

otherwise there are other possible options, such as clicking regularly, and also sending keys.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

thats the first thing i told him actually......

i was making exactly that point.

you want to control click the button... IF AUTOIT window info can see it.

otherwise there are other possible options, such as clicking regularly, and also sending keys.

You said:

can you read anything off of the printscreen using autoit window info tool?

The way you worded it made it sound like he was supposed to do something with the printscreen itself.

You said:

The way you worded it made it sound like he was supposed to do something with the printscreen itself.

only if you are dislexic, and read it as "you can" instead of "can you" and fail to notice the "?" instead of the "."

only if you are dislexic, and read it as "you can" instead of "can you" and fail to notice the "?" instead of the "."

Sorry if I was misleading. I know it can be done because I've done it in the AutoITv2, but it's been over a year since I wrote it. I just don't remember the commands to change focus to the windows that I want and select the buttons to proceed with the installation. So, I know that it can be done but what are the command? I've been looking for a list / directory for the command or an example script that looks the same.