Noob script help please

I'm just learning how to make scripts, and right now I am trying to make a script that makes the mouse move slightly to the right and left click every time I press the z key. I'm trying to learn this on my own and so far I came up with

HotKeySet("{z}","moveclick")

Func moveclick()

MouseGetPos()

MouseMove($array[0]+20,$array[1],0)

MouseClick("left")

EndFunc

But it doesnt seem to be working and I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but like I said I'm a noob :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! Welcome to the forums. :)

Please create a better thread title next time, people tend to ignore threads were the title doesn't give a hint about the problem.

Your problem is easy, it's because the script exits immediately, add this:

While Sleep(10)
WEnd

And it will work great :lmao:

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I had a problem understanding the while + sleep thing at first too :think:

But the computer reads your script from top to bottom of what you tell it to do. It sets the hotkey , than moves on.

Since your hotkey calls upon your function , the computer skips over that.... and ends the program since theres nothing for it to do.

The Sleep(10) is there in the while loop to give the program something to do while it waits for you to call upon your created function :).

Note: I just felt the need to explain that because that was one of the things that gave me trouble in my newb days of autoit :lmao:.

Hi! Welcome to the forums. :)

Please create a better thread title next time, people tend to ignore threads were the title doesn't give a hint about the problem.

Your problem is easy, it's because the script exits immediately, add this:

While Sleep(10)
WEnd

And it will work great :lmao:

Thanks very much for the tips, I will definitely be more descriptive in the future on the subject titles on my threads, and your code helped my script make a little progress although I'm not sure how(though thanks for the insight Drew). Now I'm having a new problem however in that I'm getting a error message that I'm not declaring the variable on line 4 saying

Error: Variable used without being declared.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Edited by stryderjess

I'm just learning how to make scripts, and right now I am trying to make a script that makes the mouse move slightly to the right and left click every time I press the z key. I'm trying to learn this on my own and so far I came up with

HotKeySet("{z}","moveclick")

Func moveclick()

MouseGetPos()

MouseMove($array[0]+20,$array[1],0)

MouseClick("left")

EndFunc

But it doesnt seem to be working and I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but like I said I'm a noob :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try This:

HotKeySet("z","moveclick")

While 1
        Sleep( 10 )
WEnd

Func moveclick()
    $array = MouseGetPos()
    MouseClick("left", $array[0]+20, $array[1], 1, 0)
EndFunc

Reasoning:

MouseGetPos returns a 2 array variable , so you need to give it a variable to use. That is why I put $array = MouseGetPos() ... ( To "declare" it. )

And instead of having MouseClick("left") you could do this:

$array = MouseGetPos()

MouseClick("left", $array[0]+20, $array[1], 1, 0)

Its the same thing but I combined the mouse movement with the mouseclick. Now it will move there and click all in 1 go.

Edited by Drew

Thats what the Forums are here for to get help when you need it, dont be shy to ask BUT BE SENSIBLE on topic titles and that jazz USE SEARCH lol but yeah forums ARE here for a reason :)