Array from Variable?

Ok so I'm new here, but I did search for my problem and I couldn't seem to find it. Ok so this is really dumb if this isn't possible. I want to fill an array from inside a for loop, however the program won't let me specify the array place with a variable. Ex. Array[1] --> works ok, however, Array[$i] does not work. Why is this and how do I make it work. And no I didn't name the array "Array" it's just for example.

TIA

It is fully possible, there must be something else that is wrong with your script, see this example.

#include <Array.au3>
Local $aArray[11]
For $X = 0 To 10
    $aArray[$X] = Random()
Next
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

If you need further help please write a small (working=runnable) script and tell more exactly what the problem is

It depends on how the array is created. Are the number of defined or is it returned from a function?

Posting code helps to see whats going on.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

It is fully possible, there must be something else that is wrong with your script, see this example.

#include <Array.au3>
Local $aArray[11]
For $X = 0 To 10
    $aArray[$X] = Random()
Next
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

If you need further help please write a small (working=runnable) script and tell more exactly what the problem is

Thanks so much!! It was the way I was declaring the array, I had no idea about the "Local" statement. Thanks again!

Thanks so much!! It was the way I was declaring the array, I had no idea about the "Local" statement. Thanks again!

Using Local, Global or Dim is highly dependant on the situation, there are two pages in the helpfile about them which I highly recommend that you read if you haven't already. page1, page2

By searching the forum (you have the search-button on the top right) you can also find lots of discussions about the subject, some examples= thread1, thread2

BTW, welcome to the forum!! (just noticed that post earlier was your first :))