Auto Laptop Recharge/Discharge

I did a serach on the forum and nothing came up (could be me so tell me if i'm wrong).

Here's my idea

is it possible to create a program that detects the laptop battery level. At 100%, it'll the laptop to stop charging (it is possible isn't it? just stop the battery service in windows so nothing goes in or out). And when it gets to 10%, the services starts up again (not sure if restart is required but i'm pretty reseting the explorer won't be so bad... right? haha)

so yeah? what do u think guys? easily done or lots of concepts invovled =/ ?

EDIT: after much research i just come to realize that is almost impossible becuz the signal can still get sent when the computer is off -__- meaning even if someone DID get it to work (I doubt it), it's still hardware based and it will still charge when the computer is off =/

Edited by 7121

mm u could unplug it? and just watch the thing for your self?

most laptops come with software to do this built in though

My laptop didnt, Just comes with powersaving software. Which isnt all that useful.

I did a google search, I didnt find anything either. All I found were people asking about laptop batteries.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

My laptop didnt, Just comes with powersaving software. Which isnt all that useful.

I did a google search, I didnt find anything either. All I found were people asking about laptop batteries.

i know huh? hahaha. That would be cool if laptops could do that some day. As soon as it hit 100%, auto discharge. That way your laptop can last longer instead of having you watch it -___- and keeping track.

I mean, what happens when you charge over night? wake up at 3 am just to unplug it? lol

I'm curious, why would you want to cyclically charge and discharge a laptop battery?

Laptop batteries have a limited charge life cycle, wouldn't that unnecessarily wear your battery to the point of uselessness?

That leaves you open to data loss through power failure (the missus tripping over your laptop power cord).

Don't really see what all the fuss is about with laptops. If you're really picky about ensuring you have ample power, buy a second battery. Either way, by the time the laptop battery 'dies' a natural death of maximum charging cycles, the laptop will most likely be out of date anyway.

That leaves you open to data loss through power failure (the missus tripping over your laptop power cord).

Don't really see what all the fuss is about with laptops. If you're really picky about ensuring you have ample power, buy a second battery. Either way, by the time the laptop battery 'dies' a natural death of maximum charging cycles, the laptop will most likely be out of date anyway.

My laptop holds about a 20minute charge, its just over 3 years old. But, thats partly due to me opening it up.

As, Asus decided, with only my model, they would screw the fan in, on the inside.

So instead of just opening up the CPU panel on the bottom, and replacing the fan, I had to open it up completly.

Anyway, in one of those 5 times opening it up, I mustve bumped something, because since then my laptop always thinks its on AC power, even when turned off, unplugged, etc.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

My laptop holds about a 20minute charge, its just over 3 years old. But, thats partly due to me opening it up.

As, Asus decided, with only my model, they would screw the fan in, on the inside.

So instead of just opening up the CPU panel on the bottom, and replacing the fan, I had to open it up completly.

Anyway, in one of those 5 times opening it up, I mustve bumped something, because since then my laptop always thinks its on AC power, even when turned off, unplugged, etc.

LOL

I'm curious, why would you want to cyclically charge and discharge a laptop battery?

Laptop batteries have a limited charge life cycle, wouldn't that unnecessarily wear your battery to the point of uselessness?

OR MAYBE, there should be somethign to tell the laptop not to charge on the battery and use the AC power instead?

When on AC, they charge the battery at the same time until it's 100%, then stop charging. When the laptop is unplugged, it runs off battery power.

That's the normal function of laptops.

It's a very basic concept that cannot be improved upon.