AutoIt3 Portable Install?

avery

Hello,

I travel to many computer systens and make lots of little au3 apps for several of them. My question is about AutoIt3 compiler, checker, debugger and SciTe. Can I install AutoIt3 and SciTe full suite on my portable thumb drive and use it on other computers or does it add stuff into the system folders and stuff that is required for this to work? Do the settings and preferences get stored in a relative location or the local system or registry. If anyone as tried this before please help.

Respectfully,

Avery

Edited by avery
www.abox.orgAvery HowellVisit My AutoIt Websitehttp://www.abox.org

@avery

In my point of view, only AutoIt3 folder is needed.

If you want it to work perfectly, you will have to write some keys in regedit like :

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3'

'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script'

Etc..

Cheers, FireFox.

I've been using AutoIt in a stick, and the only thing I change is the Global Options value of autoit3dir to SciteDefaultHome.

This is how I set up my au3.properties file:

# SciTE settings for AutoIt v3
#
# July 2007 - Jos van der Zande (jdeb (at) autoitscript (dot) com)
#
#
# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory ***
autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

From the Help file (of v3.2.10.0):

Registry Keys

The AutoIt installer creates registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\AutoIt v3 and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoIt v3. The keys are NOT used/created when AutoIt utilities are run on machines that lack a full AutoIt installation--AutoIt is "clean" to run on servers, etc.

The table below shows the default (or typical) registry keys. The keys in italic are not created by the installer itself but by the first execution of the corresponding utility:

It looks to me like the ones in italics are:

• AutoUpdateIt (for "DoneOption" and "DownloadDir")
  • Exe2Aut (for "LastExeDir" and "LastScriptDir")
  • AU3Info (for window position and size, "AlwaysOnTop", etc.)
Edited by Automan Empire
"I've seen your work in the past, and it's novice at best..." SmOke_N

• 1 month later...

I've been using AutoIt in a stick, and the only thing I change is the Global Options value of autoit3dir to SciteDefaultHome.

This is how I set up my au3.properties file:

# SciTE settings for AutoIt v3
#
# July 2007 - Jos van der Zande (jdeb (at) autoitscript (dot) com)
#
#
# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory ***
autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..
then all I'd have to do is set SciteDefaultHome to a value I have my stick to be but where is the global options - what file?

Look of a folder called ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\Properties and inside this folder is file called au3.properties. Open it with notepad and change the value of autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3 to autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\.. That set.

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line