GuiCtrlCreate questions...

:) So far having absolutely no problems whatsoever hiding/moving/resizing/renaming controls on external programs.

But having a bugger of a time "adding" a control o:) (at least in appearances) to any of them....just works in GUI's I created first.(which forced me into coordinating SHOW/HIDE between each...Headache!

How is it that I can Manipulate these controls but not add a new one? :lmao:

Edited by quaizywabbit
[u]Do more with pre-existing apps![/u]ANYGUIv2.8

IMO this absolutely logical. Manupulation of controls give lots abilities for automation and changing interfaces. But what the need to add some control into external program? Program can't use this control at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To Avoid having to use dialog windows that need extra care and feeding to simulate what could be much more simply done by using that programs unused screen real estate.(or hiding controls and replacing them with "Dummy" versions that I call from my script(it could even call the 'Hidden" control, doing any number of inserted functions first) ....And it would appear much more professional (especially when more GUI properties like Colored Buttons are available)

My AutoIT app could then be used to substitute the "Shortcut" for the external program, giving the user a clean and seamless "Augmented" App.

Also, I think the Coding required would be much less because there wouldn't be much need to "SetonTop", "Hide" or "Show" Dialogs that act in "Sync" with another application( Like the App in my other Post)

Anyhow....I'm Hooked :lmao: .......This stuff is way cool!

BTW...I Uploaded A BitMap showing an example of what my other posts Code does....kinda like a before and after.......HosterSearchClick is the before(it takes up too much room on the screen to see the Singers rotation beneath it)

It would 'appear' to be cleaner if the top right "Search Mode" box buttons were on the Apps Form itself....don't you think?

Edited by quaizywabbit
[u]Do more with pre-existing apps![/u]ANYGUIv2.8