Write url in box, click ok....open URL in browser

GooGooDolls

Yeah so basically I am trying to create a little script that will let me insert an address in a box, and then open up Internet Explorer and automatically go to that address. I tried doing it by looking at other scripts but I can't get pass the URL to IE...

Is there a way to add the user input as a switch to IE? Like so --> IEXPLORE.EXE http://www.xxx.xxx

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2); Other Option for WinWaitActive

GUICreate("URL Opener", 260, 100)
GUISetFont(8.5, 800)

GUICtrlCreateLabel("URL to open:", 90, 13)

GUISetFont(8.5, 400)

;Button
$input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 29, 240, 20)

$ok = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok", 90, 60, 100, 25)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
       ;------------ OK Button  - Finished
        Case $msg = $ok
            $sRead = GUICtrlRead($input1)
            Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE") <--NEED URL HERE AS SWITCH??
            WinWait("[CLASS:IEFrame]")
            //$sRead = GUICtrlRead($input1)
            //ControlSetText("[CLASS:IEFRAME]", "", "Edit1", $sRead)
           ;------------ Cross  - Finished
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

Help needed...

i believe you can do this: i could be wrong

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" & " " & GuiCtrlRead($input))oÝ÷ Ø¥Á¬¬ºÇ¬ée{º×ºÚ"µÍÚ[^XÝ]J   ][ÝÚËÝÝÝËÙXÚ]KÛÛI][ÝÊ
Edited by billthecreator

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]My Scripts: From Most recent to least.[/font]Countdown GUI | QLOCK TWO | FlipClock | Slot Machine My UDF:_GenerateRandomNoRepeat | _GuiSnap

Ok, I got it working. Apparently there is a difference between writing $input and $input1 :)

One more thing though, how would you insert the input inside an URL?

Example:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=sv&q=britney&btnG=S%C3%B6k&meta=

so in my program I would just write britney...

...and it would take that input and place it between http://www.google.com/search?hl=sv&q= and ]&btnG=S%C3%B6k&meta=

The above is just an example from the top of my head, but you understand what I mean right? Good! :lmao:

• 4 months later...

In a related matter, how would I actually select the edit control that serves as the address box? I want to select the url edit box, or address bar, and overwrite whatever's there.

Right now I am tabbing back and forth to get this to happen, but it is sloppy and the solution goes out the window (erm, figuratively, not literally) as soon as I do something like a mouse click since the focus changes.

Judging from other posts and my own searching, it seems like AutoIt is perfectly suited to getting this focus on the address bar by retrieving the Class, Instance, ClassNameNN, and Advanced (Class). How do I actually tell my script "Put the focus on this control which is associated with properties Cass X, Instance Y, ClassNameNN Z, etc."?

I am replying to THIS thread in particular because this seemed like the most suitably-titled thread in my searches. If I missed something in the Help that could have answered this, please tell me where I can find it instead of just "look in the Help files". Thank you!