Is autoit more efficient at making bots than c++?

Well I can't really decide which language to learn, but I'm basically wanting to make my own bot for Silkroad Online or Hero Online, any 3d MMORPGs. C++ looks good but learning everything probably takes a hell of a lot longer than learning Autoit, but C++ has many more options to manipulate the bot in any way you choose. But would you say Autoit is the best idea for making an MMO bot? It doesn't look as difficult as C++ and there's not as much of it as C++. What do you think?

Made in C++ and designed to make it easier for you to script... Thats AutoIt for you :)

Maybe have an experiment with each, see whats easier etc. Personally I think AutoIt is more that suited to the task of botting... It was originally designed for automation after all...

Cheers,

Brett

I would think it depends on what he means by "more efficient".

There's efficient development, and then there's efficient execution.

If he wants to learn C++, start chewing on hexadecimal notation, and variables that are pointers to a pointer that's an memory offset to a value, then eventually I'm sure he would come up with an executable that would suck up less clock ticks.

If he'd rather reduce his learning curve exponentially, then go with Autoit, and have a working result in a few days, although it will likely contain more instructions than something tuned by an experienced C programmer.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I can't really decide which language to learn, but I'm basically wanting to make my own bot for Silkroad Online or Hero Online, any 3d MMORPGs. C++ looks good but learning everything probably takes a hell of a lot longer than learning Autoit, but C++ has many more options to manipulate the bot in any way you choose. But would you say Autoit is the best idea for making an MMO bot? It doesn't look as difficult as C++ and there's not as much of it as C++. What do you think?

WEll I agree autoIT is definetely easier for making bots. However IT depends on exactly what game ur trying to bot on. In some cases it is easier to go with VB or C++ to get around Game guard. Most bots that I use are contained within injected dlls so it depends on how you want to bot.

Yeah. I'm a dolt and even I can pull off some stuff with AutoIT.

I can vouch for that... erm... AutoIt wise, not dolt wise :)

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]