GameGuard issue with Au3 compiles

sandin

Hi

This question isn't about bots and hacks, it's about enabling Au3 applications to work beside GameGuard.

GameGuard is a protection software that protects ~80% of MMO games from different hack and bot programs. Since Au3 is simple for creating bots lots of bots are Au3 script based, and latest GameGuard update (22nd Jan. 2009.) was made to detect ANY, and I mean ANY (not just bots/hacks) au3 application as potential "hack".

This can be bypassed by compiling Au3 scripts with AutoIt V3.2.4.9 or lower. So, simple commands (that bot are based on) like MouseMove, Send, etc... can work (compiled with AuV3.2.4.9), and today more "advanced" scripts can not work! :) (really crappy solution from GG). I'm using lots of my own, and other peoples AU3 scripts/programs, but cuz of this crappy GG solution, I can not play my favorite MMO and use au3 applications that I got used to.

What's different between AuV3.2.4.9 and versions above that makes GG detect it as hack?

(Again, this is not for bots, bots can be made with simple commands that V3.2.4.9 supports( so this is not the solution I'm looking for), and functions database of the today's Au3 is almost double, which almost all of my scripts are using.)

Thank you.

Edited by sandin

if disabling the packer doesnt work, you could try a different packer.

This seems like a good idea it might not be able to tell its a autoit exe if it is packed differently.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Thank you for the tips, I tried several packers and always got the same results of my script being detected as "hack". I even tried making "no gui" script (cuz I thought maybe GG detects "AutoIt v3 GUI" from visible windows's classes), but that didn't worked either...

Since the scripts work as compiled with AutoIt3.2.4.9 (and even packed with UPX) it works undetectable... so the solution is hidden in the difference between AutoItV3.2.4.9 and versions above (V3.2.6.0+)?

Compare the two executables, the detected and the undetected one. Compare their window classes and other data. You can use Process Explorer to find the processes' information.

Also note what modules are loaded.

Does gameguard/that game work without admin privileges ?

@Inverted

tnx for the tip, I'll try that

@weaponx

I already stated in my first post, I dun want this for bot or any other cheats, I wanna use my au3 applications without GG popping me "hack detected" (example: for using Limiter's media player!(?)) :)

and I already stated that this can be bypassed, so if I wanted to make a bot (advantage over other players) I would just made simple bot, and compile it in V3.2.4.9, but for more advanced scripts, we need latest Au3 database (3.2.12+) :lmao:

1. can you run the Game under a guest account and use the autoit script on current admin account?

2. can you run the Game on the admin account that your logged onto, and create another admin account and run the autoit script on that one?

with the rightclick>"Run as"

this probably won't work just some ideas I had.

Edited by will88