How do you put a GUI into a programm

sroprogger

Ok - i did use the search function

nothing that i understood ....

i once knew this sutff >.< now i wanted to start again and realized i forgot it all

now my question is the following:

How do i put a new GUI so ( GuiCreate(...) ) into another window like Firefox so ( WinGetHandle(firefox) ) ...

i tried \

Global $title = WinGetTitle("firefox")

Global $FirefoxHandle = WinGetHandle($title)

$gui = GUICreate("",100,30,-1,-1,"","",$FirefoxHandle)

[ i dont know what the style and ex-style is for xP ]

Thx for the answers

Edited by sroprogger

Sounds to me like you want to use _WinAPI_SetParent()

There is't any example in the helpfile but it's easy to use so you should be able to figure it out yourself..... Otherwise to a search on the forum for setparent and you will find lots about it

What is it you really want? The movie you linked to only shows one GUI and it is minesweeper you get with WinXP so it's got nothing to do with any embedding or AutoIt to do.

If you want to create buttons on gui's not created by you in AutoIt (like the video you linked to) you can use ANYGUI

hmm ill see

EDIT:

well this didnt help me since i'm trying to get it myself - and there was an easier way !

when i aksed about ... couple of months ago some1 knew the answer and told me-

as far as i know it was something with GuiCreate(...)

but since my post got deleted ( idk why)

and no1knows ....

i'm going to find help somewhere else

Edited by sroprogger

Dude, I don't understand anything of that, you should think of what it is you really want and then ask someone that knows proper english to write it for you.

Dude, I don't understand anything of that, you should think of what it is you really want and then ask someone that knows proper english to write it for you.

... yeeeah xD

"proper" english ... im not writing an essay in here so im going 2 use the shortcuts :)

Edited by sroprogger

The shortcuts aren't really the problem here (although they are annoying and you will have to stop with them if you want to "Live long and prosper" at this forum :)), it's that you doesn't seem to be able to transform the idea in your head to written english in a way that the rest of the world understands.

The answers you get will only be as good as the question itself is, so if you want the right answers you have to ask the right questions and always strive for making yourself understandable, a point you have failed at in this thread.

What you're talking about can only be done with a GUI hook. To actually add an element to the GUI of another program needs a form of hacking, or in the case of Firefox, you'd need to write a firefox plugin to interface with the autoit script (through command-line parameters perhaps).

as far as i know it was something with GuiCreate(...)

Of course it's with GUICreate. That's how you create a GUI. If you don't use GUICreate, no GUI will exist. That's an EXTREMELY basic AutoIt command, and doesn't really tell us anything more about what your objective is.

and no1knows ....

i'm going to find help somewhere else

Nobody knows, or nobody can understand what you're actually trying to do. Getting help from somewhere else... You expect to find FREE help with AutoIt at a different place to the official AutoIt forums? I highly doubt it.

Alright i'll throw you a bone, but you really shouldn't demand someone to create a complex script just for nothing. You could probably draw a "fake" kind of button or whatever on an existing GUI, simply by making the frame 100% transparent with a various amount of tooltypes, and drawing a single button on it that is visible. Then, using some simple math you could set it to draw this "Button with transparent windowframe" GUI thing relative to the size/location of the firefox window.

Please be aware that i'm only helping here because I will be trying to do a similar thing fairly soon, specifically adding a little button to the title bar next to the minimize button. But it's not on my immediate to-do for my current project, and as such don't have example code. But if you're willing to wait a while, and if you're even still here, I might post example code soon. Otherwise, just try playing around, experimenting, and figuring out things on your own. And RTFM (Read The Freakin' Manual). I've learnt more through reading the AutoIt help file and experimenting myself than I have from these forums, this is a place for advanced discussion and further support, and sharing ideas - not for general help or "tell me how to do this because I CBF figuring it out myself".

I'm not flaming at you, so don't take it personally. Just trying to make a point in general. Peace.

EDIT: If you are indeed trying to draw a "fake" button on an existing program window, ANYGUI is exactly what you want.

Edited by DanielC