How do I manage multiple windows w/ same title?

If you are running the processes, check out a method in the FAQ... its near the bottom of page 1. You can find it in the sticky in this forum...

Otherwise are there differences with the windows? Check out what the AutoIt info tool tells you about the window. It may have different text or a way to identify it. If they are the same program however, just enum all the windows, pick the ones with the correct titles, and name one hwnd1 and the other hwnd2 etc... :lmao:

Hope that gives you some ideas... :)

Cheers,

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

BrettF,

Thanks for the reply. I'm back to this problem again. I have a strategy to rename the windows to different names. It works fine. But the program seems to reset the window titles at some point. Is there a way to manage windows w/o resorting to renaming strategies? Also, I searched the FAQ for the example you refer to but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Jeff

If you are running the processes, check out a method in the FAQ... its near the bottom of page 1. You can find it in the sticky in this forum...

Otherwise are there differences with the windows? Check out what the AutoIt info tool tells you about the window. It may have different text or a way to identify it. If they are the same program however, just enum all the windows, pick the ones with the correct titles, and name one hwnd1 and the other hwnd2 etc... :)

Hope that gives you some ideas... :)

Cheers,

Brett