Using Flash for a gui?

motionman95

Before I discovered AutoIt, I used to use flash to create desktop applications. I enjoyed the control I had over how my GUI looked, and now, since I plan on using AutoIt, I wondered if I could possibly embed Flash in my window (the window itself not visible, only the flash content) and use it for a GUI, because I want to create a widget with AutoIt. Basically I was wondering:

• If using flash would increase the amount of memory my application uses, and how much,
  • If it would lag,
  • How would flash and AutoIt would communicate, like I press a button in flash and AutoIt runs a function, etc.
  • And lastly: is there a better option than using flash to have a more flexible GUI.

Thanks, much gratitude toward those who respond!

Edited by motionman95

• How would flash and AutoIt would communicate, like I press a button in flash and AutoIt runs a function, etc.
gsb did something like that a while ago, check this thread

That won't work because I don't want the user to have to be connected to the internet to use my widget. But thanks!

....you do realize that even though the example script Admiral Alex provided for you required downloading files (that was a mouthful), the flash object use in the gui still used local files. So your script doesn't have to require an internet connection.

Here's another example.

Edited by spudw2k