A barcode like system?

syko

First, hello all at autoit forum!

Sorry if I have bad English.

I want make a barcode application.

for example, I have webcam pointing to desk, customer bring in barcode on paper, I then scan barcode and it pulls a code off the barcode and returns the code.

maybe a function?

how would this be done?

First, hello all at autoit forum!

Sorry if I have bad English.

I want make a barcode application.

for example, I have webcam pointing to desk, customer bring in barcode on paper, I then scan barcode and it pulls a code off the barcode and returns the code.

maybe a function?

how would this be done?

Welcome to the forums :)

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to use a barcode reader?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I think someone was working on something similar not to long ago :-P

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...arcode&st=0

Isn't that a barcode creator rather than a reader or am I missing something? (Something in your thread I mean. :))
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

hmmmm thats a toughy, you would IF YOU WANT TO MAKE FROM SCRATCH... uhhh Save the picuter of the barcode into a bmp or somethhing, open the bmp on the computer , then pixlegetcolor() other than that im not sure

maybe there is some similar function? is there maybe a function to how do I say...

put colors in certain places, ok ok let me explain

we have a 300 x 300 blank image and it is white

the alroithm would place black squeares on the page based on security algorithm, a secure data matrix.

maybe there is some similar function? is there maybe a function to how do I say...

put colors in certain places, ok ok let me explain

we have a 300 x 300 blank image and it is white

the alroithm would place black squeares on the page based on security algorithm, a secure data matrix.

I think you may be underestimating the difficulty of what you are thinking of doing. My advice is to use a standard, readily available syatem. Barcode readers are cheap and easy to use in a script. There are scripts in these forums for printing barcodes so you can put whatever characters you like in the barcode. If you can't put all the characters you want then use 2 barcodes. You will get a reliable working system much more quickly and easily that way IMO.

but even in two barcodes would it be possible to store the secure data?

I don't know what you need to store so I can't answer the question.

There are lots of different barcode systems. This one for example looks like the sort of thing you might be interested in.

okok I have example.

I want like i-nigma for pc but made in autoit.

i-nigma can store much much data, that mean it can store much encrypted text, because encrypted text is very long

example:

klick:

click

Thast looks quite clever. The outside always consists of 2 adjacent solid lines and the other 2 outside lines are always alternate dots and spaces. That lets you orientate the square correctly and lets you work out how many bits across and up. You could easily make your own code generator using that idea. To read it with a camera you would need to first rotate as needed to get one solid line vertical and the other horizontal. Then find out how many bits across, Then read each line and create one long string which you then decode. Would be an interesting project I think. For that code a camera would be fine, the scale doen't matter and you just need to get an image with good contrast and preferably enought resolution to get a few pixels per dot.

Monoceres did an example of rotating an image I think.

Thast looks quite clever.

Looks like CP Code

Described on this page: http://www.adams1.com/stack.html

along with other interesting symbology.

Edit: Actually, after looking at the i-nigma website, it appears to be a Data Matrix code.

Info on that is on the same page above, and the spec is availabe in PDF here: http://www.gs1.org/docs/barcodes/GS1_DataM...al_overview.pdf

Edited by ResNullius