What is interesting to learn....

zero57

Hi, i wanted to know what is interesting to learn in autoit. So if u have nothing to say or saying something that isn't on topic, then don't post because i don't need ur spams.

On with the topic: I'm asking all of u people out there to tell me whats really interesting to learn and/or something that is useful.

E.G.: Msgbox is interesting to learn/useful.... (tell me how it is useful or interesting.) <--------- This is just an example, so i know msgbox isn't interesting/useful (msgbox is kinda useful for some things :) ).

Thx for helping :lmao:

[font="Arial Black"][u]zero57[/u][/font]

Check out:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...amp;hl=tutorial

It will give you a nice overview of how to use autoit and you can form your own opinions about what is interesting.

Personally, whatever parts I have to use to get a given job done are the ones that are interesting at the time... it changes daily.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt.chm"

espeacially some sections:

Using AutoIt

Tutorials

Language Reference

Keyword Reference

Function Reference

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUIs are interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Zedna

Thx i will look through on that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Tomb

Ok, i already know how to make GUI's, but not that much xD. Im only a noob on GUI's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone wants to post, and tell me something interesting/useful for scripts or gui's, then post away !!!

[font="Arial Black"][u]zero57[/u][/font]

Ok, i already know how to make GUI's, but not that much xD. Im only a noob on GUI's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone wants to post, and tell me something interesting/useful for scripts or gui's, then post away !!!

For GUIs definitely look at Koda GUI Designer:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32299

And use latest beta version.

Edited by Zedna

Getting handles to controls coz I have not seen it in other test automation systems before. Just about everything is capture/replay with GUIs which is no good if they are still underdevelopment.

Check out http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=87381&hl=

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]