recognition of script line when pressing hotkey?

alibaba

I set a hotkey in my script for interrupting the execution. The hotkey starts a GUI-containing function where the user can decide wether to stop the script or to continue it. My question is if there is a possibility to show the current script line number where the script was interrupted by pushing the hotkey?

I think there should be a possibility because after the hotkey function ends the execution continues at the interruption point which means that this line number (or something related) has to be stored somewhere.

Could anybody give my a hint how to solve this?

I know '@script line number' and 'trayicondebug' but I didn't succed in using them in this case (same problems as mentioned in other threads).

Help would be really appreciated!

I set a hotkey in my script for interrupting the execution. The hotkey starts a GUI-containing function where the user can decide wether to stop the script or to continue it. My question is if there is a possibility to show the current script line number where the script was interrupted by pushing the hotkey?

I think there should be a possibility because after the hotkey function ends the execution continues at the interruption point which means that this line number (or something related) has to be stored somewhere.

Could anybody give my a hint how to solve this?

I know '@script line number' and 'trayicondebug' but I didn't succed in using them in this case (same problems as mentioned in other threads).

Help would be really appreciated!

An *.au3 file is just a text file. Use @scriptlinenumber to go to that line in the .au3 file and then have it display in your gui.

An *.au3 file is just a text file. Use @scriptlinenumber to go to that line in the .au3 file and then have it display in your gui.

I tried it like that but I only got the script line number of the script line in the hotkey function where the @scriptlinenumber command is. How I have to do it to get the other line?

The script line is your visual friend but in the background it's not so, the system handle all this activity after you've registered a hot-key and push the return address on the stack and then interrupt the command that was on the EIP register. There is a way to do it in your script in the ants way like on each line store in some global variables $line the script line macro value minus 1 which can get your script execute more unneeded commands (double). The other way which makes more sense to me is to store on function entrance the line in a global variable and that's it, no need more @ScriptLineNumber calls, IMO.

I tried it like that but I only got the script line number of the script line in the hotkey function where the @scriptlinenumber command is. How I have to do it to get the other line?

I don't think you have access to it from the script. If you are debugging a problem, you could put the following compiler directive at the top of your script:
#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

It will be obvious from the output where it was when the hotkey was called.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The script line is your visual friend but in the background it's not so, the system handle all this activity after you've registered a hot-key and push the return address on the stack and then interrupt the command that was on the EIP register. There is a way to do it in your script in the ants way like on each line store in some global variables $line the script line macro value minus 1 which can get your script execute more unneeded commands (double). The other way which makes more sense to me is to store on function entrance the line in a global variable and that's it, no need more @ScriptLineNumber calls, IMO.

That sounds good, I think that's what I need. But...

... could you please post this entrance part of such a function? I don't know how to code this, sorry!

I don't think you have access to it from the script. If you are debugging a problem, you could put the following compiler directive at the top of your script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

It will be obvious from the output where it was when the hotkey was called.

:)

I don't want to use it for debugging, I just want to use it as an info tool in an established program to record the script line when the hot key was pressed.

You can easily use Psalty's suggestion for functions like this. (If I underrstood what he said.)

HotkeySet("{F10}", "WhatFunc")
$Func = "Global space"

GUICreate("Press Esc to Increment", 400, 400,0,0,0x04CF0000, 0x00000110)
$Btn1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("go to Func1",20,20,100,22)
GUISetState ()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    if $Msg = -3 then ExitLoop
    if $Msg = $Btn1 then Func1()
    sleep(20)
WEnd
Exit

Func WhatFunc()
    msgbox(262144,"You are in this part of the script",$Func)
 EndFunc

Func Func1()
     $Func = "Func1"
     for $n = 1 to 100
         sleep(50)
     Next
     $func = "Global space"
 EndFunc

If you want to know the actual line number then it is more difficult. It would be easy to add line numbers by just having a script which reads the script and inserts something between every line like this

$fin = Fileopen("script.au3",0)
$fout = Fileopen(ScripWithLineNums",2)
$count = 0
while 1
    $line = FileReadLine($fin)
    if @error then ExitLoop
    $count += 1

FileWriteLine($fout,"$linenum = " & $count)
    FileWriteLine($fout,$line)
WEnd
FileClose($fin)
FileClose($fout)

But this will go wrong if you haveIf statements, Switch statements and so on. If that approach is of interest I have a script which is used in my debugger which does that and a lot more, but it could easily be simplified it. (Not volunteering :) If you run the script is asks for the file to be converted and then produces a modified version which reports at every line the line number, current function, the parameters passed to the function, variables which have changed, etc.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You can easily use Psalty's suggestion for functions like this. (If I underrstood what he said.)

HotkeySet("{F10}", "WhatFunc")
$Func = "Global space"

GUICreate("Press Esc to Increment", 400, 400,0,0,0x04CF0000, 0x00000110)
$Btn1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("go to Func1",20,20,100,22)
GUISetState ()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    if $Msg = -3 then ExitLoop
    if $Msg = $Btn1 then Func1()
    sleep(20)
WEnd
Exit

Func WhatFunc()
    msgbox(262144,"You are in this part of the script",$Func)
 EndFunc

Func Func1()
     $Func = "Func1"
     for $n = 1 to 100
         sleep(50)
     Next
     $func = "Global space"
 EndFunc

If you want to know the actual line number then it is more difficult. It would be easy to add line numbers by just having a script which reads the script and inserts something between every line like this

$fin = Fileopen("script.au3",0)
$fout = Fileopen(ScripWithLineNums",2)
$count = 0
while 1
    $line = FileReadLine($fin)
    if @error then ExitLoop
    $count += 1

FileWriteLine($fout,"$linenum = " & $count)
    FileWriteLine($fout,$line)
WEnd
FileClose($fin)
FileClose($fout)

But this will go wrong if you haveIf statements, Switch statements and so on. If that approach is of interest I have a script which is used in my debugger which does that and a lot more, but it could easily be simplified it. (Not volunteering :) If you run the script is asks for the file to be converted and then produces a modified version which reports at every line the line number, current function, the parameters passed to the function, variables which have changed, etc.

Hi Martin!

Thanks a lot for your reply!

The second script pushed me on the right way! I won't add a new number after every script line, but manually at certain "critical" positions. This enables me to get the current position by reading §linenum at the beginning of the hotkey-function where I don't place the numbers. And that's all - for the moment... :lmao:

Thanks again, also all of the others for your replies!

:think: