lock process

syko

I was wondering there are some processes like antivirus, and games, that are protected.

they say they are ran by system and I do not have permission to stop.

How I make this, so run by system and they can not kill.

I want to try to make compressor and not let them stop it so not to corrupt files.

I think you're talking about critical processes which you can't terminate these processes. For example I've got some system marked processes like AV's or MS's that I can terminate but I can't terminate the "System Idle Process". Making process as critical one is not a trivial task, otherwise, malicious viruses would have a easy time exploiting it.

• Developers

You mean you want to rewrite the folder compression standardly available in Windows?

Sound pretty dangerous to me ....... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

i want to have two option, one for all files on system, this where it compress every file then decompress when the file is needed, option two is to compress single files or many files into package like .zip =]

also yes i want critical, so this way files can not be corrupt when compressing or decompressing.

Edited by syko

• Developers

Sorry to scatter your dream but honestly use the include windows option and forget about doing this in AutoIt3.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I can tell by your choice or language and last post that your knowledge of compression is very limited. AutoIt is not fast enough to serve as a compression tool and compressing compressed files is just a waste of time and electricity. Use a tool like 7zip or something - something written by people who know what they are doing.

• Developers

i must be sure that with proper code even autoit could further compress the files.

perhaps by using the windows compression first then further compressing with autoit?

I do not believe you will be able to write a "on the fly" compression tool that will still allow users to use the file while the compression is done.

Even writing a stand alone compression tool would take you years to reach the level of winzip which i believe is incorporated into Windows these days.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I think maybe this could happen in this order

analyze file > find patterns of similar data largest to smallest > replace patterns largest to smallest with predefined characters from an array.

this way any number of similar characters from 2 to say 200 could be moved down to 1 reducing the file size.

this would be done dynamically so each file would be best compressed.

this is how I find logical that a file would be compressed, please explain the logic if this is wrong.

Edited by syko