Remote shutdown logoff or reboot

tazdev

You could make it so that the computers would automatically reboot at a specified time.

OR, you could use Au3xtra.dll to..as you say...do a forced remote logoff or reboot.

If you don't have to use a AutoIt-script you could check out NetOp School which works pretty well.

Good luck anyway.

Well, now I'm off to bed ! Cya ! :lmao:

-Helge-

I will check into the Au3xtra.dll. I need to search for the info on it too :lmao: I remeber seeing it in passing. Larry made it I think. I know I could run an app like Wizmo and reboot it but I need a utility that will let me run an application from my PC on a remote PC. 100 machines is just too many to go walking around to. grrr

JUST REBOOT PEOPLE

gosh!

It's easy with pstool's psshutdown...

sysinternals.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or you can simply type shutdown -i from the cmd window. This will bring up a gui which is very easy to use. Or you could execute it directly from the command line. Type shutdown/? for more help.

This command will restart a computer remotely. From your command prompt type:

Shutdown -r -m \\ComputerName -t 05

-r = Reboot, -m = Computer name, -t 05 = warns of a reboot in 5 seconds.

Environment: Domain, Active Directory, Domain Admin rights, Windows 2000, XP

Works every time.

RocTx

This command will restart a computer remotely.  From your command prompt type:

Shutdown -r -m \\ComputerName -t 05

-r = Reboot,  -m = Computer name,  -t 05 = warns of a reboot in 5 seconds.

Environment: Domain, Active Directory, Domain Admin rights, Windows 2000, XP

Works every time.

RocTx

Is this something in the Windows 2000 Resource Kit? Or another application?

Just to let everyone know, one of the main reasons I suggested psshutdown is that it can run with alternate credentials. That is useful for the times when you need to shutdown a remote computer from a system that has a non-domain-admin currently logged in.

Who else would I be?

• 5 months later...

Or you can simply type shutdown -i from the cmd window. This will bring up a gui which is very easy to use. Or you could execute it directly from the command line. Type shutdown/? for more help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is something personal for documentation

to operate with remote pc's which tool is better in PsExec.exe and BeyondExec.exe from www.sysinternals.com and www.beyondlogic.com

thanx for help

It's easy with pstool's psshutdown...

sysinternals.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is something personal for documentation

to operate with remote pc's which tool is better in PsExec.exe and BeyondExec.exe from www.sysinternals.com and www.beyondlogic.com

thanx for help

• 1 year later...

We have a scheduled task running at 3am to powerdown our pcs. This is accomplished via a net view command to create a text file of powered on pcs then utilizing an Autoit3 script loading the text file into an array thus issuing a shutdown command to each pc.

The script will power down the pc if the screensaver is not active. We reboot all servers at 3:15am with no problem. It appears to be an issue with the screensaver active as I can go to several pcs, press a key to get off the screensaver, then execute the procedure. These pcs will powerdown. Does anyone have any ideas? This issue imvoles WIndows XP SP2. The task has administrative rights.

We would like to keep this method and not utilize another method. This was working fully at 1 time.

Thanking you in advance.

Found my solution.

Had to place the -f (force) paramter at the end of the shutdown. The pcs would power off without this parameter if in the locked stage as long as the screensaver was not on; has to have the -f if the screensaver is on and account is locked; so if both situations pcs were locked then why the screensaver issue.

• 1 month later...

I manage about 800 desktops and 140 latops for a High School. I know your pain. I use a combination of tools.

Pstools, Advanced Ip scanner, land spy, task manager, VBS scripts, Bat files, and Remote Desktop to do most my remote work. I just found out about Autoit and in two days of playing with it I've already started to implement package installs and desktop monitoring.

Thanks for the site.

Edited by michaelhillier

I Break and Fix things... If the surf is up I'm outta here.....