objCreate

anixon

In this code $0_outlook.quit does not close OUTLOOK.EXE opened by the process which means that you can get multiples of OUTLOOK.EXE running if this routine is run more than once. And following on from that is it necessary to delete the object created by the code after it has run and if so how is that achieved?

CODE
#include <IE.au3>

$sSender = "anyone@anywhere.com"

$sAnyoneFolder = "anyone"

$o_Outlook = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")

$oNameSpace = $o_Outlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")

$oInbox = $oNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(6)

$oFolders = $oInbox.Parent.Folders

$oAnyoneFolder = 0

For $oFolder In $oFolders

If String($oFolder.Name) = $sAnyoneFolder Then

$oAnyoneFolder = $oFolder

EndIf

Next

;Moves the email to the folder

;

$oItems = $oInbox.Items

For $oItem In $oItems

If String($oItem.SenderEmailAddress) = $sSender Then

$oItem.Move($oAnyoneFolder)

msgbox(0,"",$oItem.body); Reads the body of the email

EndIf

Next

$o_Outlook.quit

Assistance is always appreciated Ant...

Edited by anixon

Write some line to the console or use MsgBox to inform that this code line reached because I've tried your script and it does close the OUTLOOK.EXE process.

Thanks for the prompt reply however in Vista SP1 running Outlook 2003 and MapiLab [manages the Outlook security features] Outlook is not closed when this script completes... Edited by anixon

Strange, you can close the process using ProcessClose (I know it's the ugliest way) and just delete the object reference, Vista introduced many unwanted effects heh.

I guess this code will close all occurances of outlook.exe

Const $DefaultEmail = "outlook"

CODE
$PID = ProcessExists($DefaultEmail & ".exe")

If $PID <> 0 Then

$list = ProcessList($DefaultEmail & ".exe")

For $i = 1 To $list[0][0]

ProcessClose($DefaultEmail & ".exe")

ProcessWaitClose($DefaultEmail & ".exe", 30)

Next

ExitLoop

EndIf

but how do you delete the object reference?

I think that it's "$o_Outlook = 0"

I think that you are probably right sounds familar.. its over 40c 'boy is it hot' today 'Melbourne AU' so I am now off to find a fridge with seating room and a TV.. Thanks for your help which was very much appreciated Ant..

I think that you are probably right sounds familar.. its over 40c 'boy is it hot' today 'Melbourne AU' so I am now off to find a fridge with seating room and a TV.. Thanks for your help which was very much appreciated Ant..

LOL I know the feeling - its 39 already here in Adelaide, been 44 or 45 all week!

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]