Memory editing World of Warcraft

mudfish

So producing private hacks for myself to really understand aspects of the game most never see or care about has been on my mind for quite some time now. I have pretty decent scripting knowledge of web based languages like php, html/css and stuff but really want to break into programing apps. I know starting at the beginning and learning the basics would be best for me, but I have developed my own sort of unconventional way for picking up languages. I tend to learn better from taking something already produced and tweaking it to make it work the way I want. Then I learn about how it all comes to be and branch off into new functions. Anyway, enough about my strange learning process. To skip to the point, I'm not one to follow all the basic stuff to get to where I want to be, so keep that in mind if you respond with advice.

My current goal is this: obtain a "hover", "skywalk", or whatever you would want to call it for world of warcraft that lets you walk at any altitude. You who know about wow hacks probably have seen this before in the feature list, namely Wow Infinity or NoAddiction. Why not just buy Wow Infinity and be done with it you may ask? Well, (keeping in mind the dev is a member here) I just don't find it justified to buy something I feel I can learn to create. (the portions I would use of course, not the whole thing!)

So what am I asking here? I'm asking for the help of someone that develops World of Warcraft hacks to point me in the step I should head in. If you could even provide links to articles or tutorials that would be amazing. I'm not new to Google, or the search button at the top of this page. I have done what I feel is a substantial amount of time searching before posting. Just cannot find what I need/want. I have been picking up various languages for the past 4 of my 16 years of life. It's not so much as 'how the code works' rather then the syntax. Don't be scared to point me to something that seems a bit advance for a beginner as it can't hurt me.

If you have a private hack like described that you wouldn't mind sharing with me to learn from, be my guest. I'm not here to grab an already produced hack and bail, I'm hoping for a long, pleasant stay here on the forums :)

So now that you know my life story ^^, go ahead and leave a comment, PM me, or talk to me on aim.

AIM=RockThatKR3Wson

Hi,

Many here don't condone the use of Bots, as many are sane and feel it ruins the game play for others. As do I, but don't expect 100million responses... :lmao:

I'd suggest to start you do 2 things:

Search for it...

Google and the forums for general things such as memory editing and open source WoW bots... If you want a basic introduction to AutoIt (which will make it easier) have a look at the Tutorial in my Sig.

Cheers,

Brett

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

Edited by BrettF

Hi,

Many here don't condone the use of Bots, as many are sane and feel it ruins the game play for others. As do I, but don't expect 100million responses... :lmao:

I'd suggest to start you do 2 things:

Search for it...

Google and the forums for general things such as memory editing and open source WoW bots... If you want a basic introduction to AutoIt (which will make it easier) have a look at the Tutorial in my Sig.

Cheers,

Brett

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks for a nice, friendly reply! I know most don't condone hacks or bots etc. for all the right reasons. However, my purpose isn't even to go off and sell it, or even share with my close friends. I'm more interested in just learning how to manipulate game play via AutoIt. It's not going to be a new play style for myself, but as long as they are going to be around, I would love to know how they work. So keep that in mind as well if your deciding to help me out.

Why is noone on this forum trying to cheat at single-player games ?!?

Check-mate.

:)

Too easy. You can just memory edit all the values you want and you instantly win the game. In multiplayer games you are only looking at a small part of the game, because most of the important stuff is done server-side. There exist a couple of challenges with this, one is to find flaws in their security to gain an advantage or do crazy stuff that make other people go "Woahh". The other challenge is to make a bot that will play fully autonomous. You might say the second challenge is the easiest, but I personally find it the most challenging. Working with new technologies in OCR and human-like simulated keyboard and mouse behavior, you can extend the project as far as you like, up to a point where a game could not detect that a bot is playing at all.

Too easy. You can just memory edit all the values you want and you instantly win the game. In multiplayer games you are only looking at a small part of the game, because most of the important stuff is done server-side. There exist a couple of challenges with this, one is to find flaws in their security to gain an advantage or do crazy stuff that make other people go "Woahh". The other challenge is to make a bot that will play fully autonomous. You might say the second challenge is the easiest, but I personally find it the most challenging. Working with new technologies in OCR and human-like simulated keyboard and mouse behavior, you can extend the project as far as you like, up to a point where a game could not detect that a bot is playing at all.

Thats game.