Need help to close process

cdexw

HI to all

I want to know that if there are two files running @ very same time @ when 1st file stop by anything 2nd file alive that file again & vice versa by following codes then how can i exit from this script I already use hotkeyset option but it can stop only one file & as soon as it stop the 1st file the 2nd one alive it within few moments

if not processexist("Example 1.exe") Then

Run("Example 1.exe")

Endif

if not processexist("Example 2.exe") Then

Run("Example 2.exe")

Endif

plz tell me how can I stop this script from functioning

Welcome to the forums.

I think you want a Father/Daughter process style? Well thats obviously very questionable... Please reiterate your intentions... :)

Malicious software is not by any means supported by AutoIt, and you injure the community by doing it.

Cheers,

Brett

Welcome to the forums.

I think you want a Father/Daughter process style? Well thats obviously very questionable... Please reiterate your intentions... :)

Malicious software is not by any means supported by AutoIt, and you injure the community by doing it.

Cheers,

Brett

I am doing this for security purposes I am making an antivirus for which I want to know this thing any help in this regard will be welcome

• Moderators

I am doing this for security purposes I am making an antivirus for which I want to know this thing any help in this regard will be welcome

I have to throw the bullshit flag on that one! ... what do you need two processes running as AV on your own PC for an application only you know the name of or the checksum of.

Had better come up with a better explanation than that.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I dont understand, from his post it sounds like he wants to stop two processes from running eachother, but then, the code in his first post should already do that.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

• Moderators

I dont understand, from his post it sounds like he wants to stop two processes from running eachother, but then, the code in his first post should already do that.

Well, I went off the code and the broken english as well.

If you're truly trying to stop a process from running, you don't use "Run" to stop a process, you use ProcessClose().

Otherwise, I'll stick by my former BS Flag.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Oop, My mistake. I mixed the title with the code.

I didnt really look as his code as much. I mustve subconciously replaced the "Runs" with ProcessClose(), and missed the "not"'s.

I need to read more.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Actually I am making a small program which is like antivirus but not exactly the same actually I am doing this to restrict my younger brother to access those website which are not good 4 him. Also I stop some function in that program of my windows which I dont want that he access to disturb my setting. But he kills the processes of my program & gets access on all the functions. I run a script to run two processes at the same time so that if he kills one process then 2nd process get active & save the 1st one & vice versa but after doing that I by my self was unable to close that program. I already read about Hotkeyset but it only close one process & when it do that the other process which is alive again alive the closed process. I write the above mention code in hurry thats why some mistakes are there in code

While 1

If ProcessExists("Example 1")Then
    ProcessClose("Example 1.exe")
EndIf

If ProcessExists"Example 2.exe")Then
    ProcessClose("Example 2.exe")
EndIf

Wend

If need more explanation plz let me know

I'm sorry but what the hell do you have to do with this?

First question, if you are the same person, why do you have another account?

His intentions are questionable, and IMO he is still pulling BS, as I don't believe it to be a good reason. If you don't want him to access websites that he shouldn't, you should look at getting some proper methods- firewalls and the like. If he is not being a good boy, discipline him...

Cheers,

Brett