skype repeater when offline

joseLB

As every skype user know, a message is only sent when both parties are online. This is a big problem, as if you (the sender) is not more online when the other parties (can be many in a chat) become online, they will not receive the message until you get online and they are online too.

I posted this question long time ago here and repeated it here.

Only very recently, by accident, I got a solution, very simple, but not using AU3.

As I think this thread could help others with the same problem, follow the solution

regards

Jose

the solution:

1- ÿou will need a PC that is always ON and ONLINE. On my case I use an office server (a virtual machine - vmware)

2- on this PC create a new skype account, let's call it "repeater" (the name can be anyone, it's a plain new user)

3- on repeater, add all users (contacts) you think you will be sending messages (new contacts must be added as neded). Don't forget to add your own account :)

5- each added contat must "liberate" to receive messages from repeater (as a normal new contact they get)

6- you can maintain or not history active in repeater, depending if you want to have a "backup" of all the messages or not.

===> just that for setup

usage:

1- when you want to send a message to someone(s), create a chat adding repeater as one of the parties.

2- I suggest always to give a meaningfull name when creating the chat. Also to include all you inted to have in the chat before the first message. Later included parties will not receive the messages sent before his/her inclusion.

3- you are done.... if your parties are offline when you send a message, when they become online, even if you is offline, repeater will send the message for all other parties, as they become online.

4- **anyone that is included in the repeater contacts can add repeater in his/her chat in order to repeat to others and can receive messages from repeater

==> good luck

Edited by joseLB

no comments? people normally does not use skype?

I'm asking that as we use A LOT skype for messaging at the office, and a BIG problems was that you could not guarantee that your message would arrive at time, as it depends on both sides to be online...

Jose

• Developers

Only very recently, by accident, I got a solution, very simple, but not using AU3.

no comments? people normally does not use skype?

Why would this trigger any reply when posted in the AutoIt3 support forum?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Why would this trigger any reply when posted in the AutoIt3 support forum?

Jos

Hi Jos

The reason is that the original post was done at support forum (here), where I was trying to find a solution using AU3.

Meanwhile I found a solution that does not need Au3 or anything else, but anyway I think that it could help others, that's why I put it here.

Anyway, I agree with you that it could not be the right forum.

If it was done with AU3 (as a result of discussions at support forum), I would put the result at scripts forum. But as this solution at the end was done without au3 or anything else, I decided to mantain it at original forum... better than not share it, as I suppose that others have the same problem.

Maybe at the scripts forum would be the ideal place, as is there where people search/look for solutions. If you agree with me, please fell free to move it..

Jose

Edited by joseLB