AoRaToS

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 26/04/2009

I have just added version 2.9.1!

and some screenshots...

Check the first post and let me know what you think of it...

New things added in version 2.9.1 :

1. More options (Name changing from options)

2. New options GUI which slides open.(Also, if you have the program on the left side of the screen, it opens on the right side of the main window, if a part of the main window is below the bottom of the desktop it will move up before showing the options)

3. More/Less state is now remembered after program exit

4. Better Shake

5. You can drag the main window by clicking on the line just below the menu and dragging...

6. Connect/Disconnect messages on the bottom right side of the screen

Do not decompile, there is no reason to do so, this program is free to use, if you do so, don't release the source code, that's not a nice thing to do, especially to a program that's free.

Remember, I don't gain anything by this program so by releasing the code you just make me do two things, or not care about it and drop it altogether or update it but keep it for myself an friends who I know won't release it. It's your choice.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Does anyone use my LAN Messenger? Cause if you are, let me know...

I'll be adding more functions, and some on demand so just tell me about additions you would like to see and I will work on the ones I can add...

I've already added a few new stuff like in the "Start with Windows" options you can choose "current user" or "all users"..

Also the ability to choose if you want the notifications to appear or not!

At the moment I'm setting up two things:

I'm working on an addition for checking for updates and getting the latest version with ease!

Also for an option to log (or not) events (Connect, Disconnect, Change username) and conversations...

All these will be in the next release... I want more stuff to add for version 3

If there's anyone using this, just let me know what you would like to see... (sounds?smileys?)

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Heya,

Could you tell me the reason why im not allowed to change the filename?

We have sms-inventory on here @ work and LAN Messenger.exe is NOT something i want to show up in the sms-reports!!

Creator

The reason at first was because I didn't wan't anyone to change the name and pass it over as their own, but since I'll be adding a better protection against that I will soon release it without that...I will PM you the version that I have available at the moment without the changing name restriction if you're interested!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

The reason at first was because I didn't wan't anyone to change the name and pass it over as their own, but since I'll be adding a better protection against that I will soon release it without that...I will PM you the version that I have available at the moment without the changing name restriction if you're interested!

Yes, that would be great...cause i like this messenger quit a lot ^_^

Creator

Attachment has been changed to version 2.9.3.0!

New things added in version 2.9.3.0 :

1. Ability to control notifications (shown/not shown)

2. Start with Windows option (Current user/All users)

3. Updater, but still under construction

4. More options under construction (event/conversation logging)

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Let me know if you're having any DEP (Data Execution Prevention) with the latest version, it happened once and I want to know if it happens more often...I'll work on fixing it...

After adding the Lan messenger in DEP exceptions its works like a charm now! ^_^

Creator

Hello everybody!!

NEW RELEASE!

New things added in version LAN Messenger 2.9.4.1

Attachment has been changed to version 2.9.4.0

1. Update function...

Update proccess : Go to options -> Updater -> Check for updates, if there is an updated version click Update, if you have the Updater the proccess will begin, if you don't it will download the updater and proceed with updating LAN Messenger...

I have attached version 2.9.4.0, it's the same with 2.9.4.1, only difference is the version number, I want you to test the Update function and let me know if it worked out ok for you...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

New things added in version LAN Messenger 2.9.4.4

1. Added Restore Defaults option (Click OK to save the defaults, click Cancel to discard and leave them as they were)

2. Fixed a few small bugs...

3. Again, I have made a few changes to the Updater and corrected some grammar mistakes I found so you might want to delete your existing Updater and get the new one, however it works the same as the old version. Updater can also be used if you don't have LAN Messenger and you want to get the latest version, it's works on it's own without LAN Messenger being present, now it works better that way (changed the Update button to Download if you're not updating, and more...)

Attachment is now version 2.9.4.4

But you can always "Check for updates" from inside your existing LAN Messenger! (version 2.9.4.0 and above)

More to come soon... (Logging will be available in the next version)

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

I found out I had made a small mistake with the latest Updater, anyone that used it should first check LAN Messenger version, (Help->About) if it's not 2.9.4.4 then delete the Updater and try updating again from within LAN Messenger!

Another option is to look in your Temp folder (@Tempdir) and you'll probably find the latest LAN Messenger version there...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3