AoRaToS

Just an update... (not a LAN Messenger updated version)

Logging has been implemented, some changes and additions also!

I won't post an update just yet because I'll probably make a few changes based on the new AutoIt BETA that was released, I was thinking of changing the Adlib function or even add a few more now that it's possible without having to take alternate routes to do so, also the Updater (both the LAN Messenger side of it and the standalone "Updater") must have the new Inet functions that were announced...I'm not all that sure it'll all be in the next version though, maybe I'll wait for the next BETA or a stable release (that might take long). But I'll work on those changes anyway and test allot!Stay tuned!

Thanks for the 700 downloads!!!!

I don't know how many times LAN Messenger or Updater has been downloaded from the Updater but I'll find out, or find a way to count them...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

New things added in version LAN Messenger 2.9.4.5

1. Event Logging (You select a path and events are logged there in the form of EventsYEARMONTHDAY.log)

2. Conversation Logging (You select a path and conversations are logged there in the form of: Username.log and IP.log (for chat conversations)

3. Again, I have made a few changes to the Updater and corrected some grammar mistakes I found so you might want to delete your existing Updater and get the new one, however it works the same as the old version.

Attachment is now version 2.9.4.5

You can always "Check for updates" from inside your existing LAN Messenger and get the Latest version! (version 2.9.4.0 and above)

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Anyone have anything worth mentioning? How's the newest version, do you like the new additions? Any bugs or suggestions maybe??

I know most people just ignore threads that don't have the source code included, but 700 downloads and so little feedback suggests either 1: nothing worth mentioning 2: no bugs found?

The main reason I'm asking for feedback is because I want to know what people want, to move towards that direction, and not just go ahead adding stuff that nobody uses...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

New things added in LAN Messenger version 2.9.5.0

1. Added the ability to select which of the available networks you want to connect to! That's really usefull if you are connected to more than one networks and you only want to be on let's say one and not be on some other... It also created some problems for me, so in this version, if you use auto-connect LAN Messenger will connect to the available networks depending also on your last connection, so if you were online only on the first one that will be the one you'll be connected to...

2.Sort Treeview option. With this option you can choose if your Treeview will be sorted or not. In the previous version the Treeview was un-sorted. If you decide to keep it sorted it will be divided by IP, so you will have a main item for each of the connections with which you're online and the uers will be shown under each one of them.

3. Donations! There is now a Donate button in the About window which you can click and it will transfer you to my paypal Donate page, you can donate any amount and support LAN Messenger. Donators wll be listed in future versions and the upcoming website. I would also like to maintain a mail list of people who use LAN Messenger and want to be informed about new version releases by e-mail. (no spam, just info!).

4. A few bugs fixed, (with "Logging" and "Start with Windows" options)

Please contact me if you find any bugs...

Attachment is now version 2.9.5.0

You can always "Check for updates" from inside your existing LAN Messenger and get the Latest version! (version 2.9.4.0 and above)

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

LAN Messenger version 2.9.5.1

Just fixed a few small bugs.

I now have a Vista machine to test on (Virtual Machine) so I can optimize it for Vista and Win7 which I'll install next week... I found that the #RequireAdmin I had became quite annoying so it's now removed since it's not needed... I also removed it from the Updater so that's changed also but that's not such a big deal since you onlyu use it once in a while... If you want that changed also, just delete it and let LAN Messenger get the newest one for you...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

LAN Messenger version 2.9.5.2

Fixed an issue with 'Start with Windows' option. Having that option on, and set to either 'Current user' or 'All users' wouldn't start the application at startup if the name of LAN Messenger.exe had been changed to anything else, now it should work.

If anyone had that option on with a name different than LAN Messenger.exe something must be in your registry that you have to clean up, either rename it back to LAN Messenger.exe go to Tools->Options->Advanced uncheck 'Start with Windows' and press ok or run the code below:

For current user:

RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "LANMessenger")

For All Users:

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "LANMessenger")

I won't describe the regedit.exe way to do this, the keys are there and it's quite simple to do although the first way is the easiest...

This only applies to users that use LAN Messenger with the .exe renamed and the 'Start with Windows' option on.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

LAN Messenger version 2.9.5.3

Fixed a small bug that loaded CPU allot while downloading Updater. (Forgot to add a small sleep)

Same with the Updater while downloading LAN Messenger.

Update to the latest to get rid of it, also read Release notes of the previous version down in the Version History section of the first post for another bug that was fixed..

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

I think it's kind of weird, having more than 800 downloads and no ratings whatsoever, the replies are also quite low although the views are quite allot... I'd like to know what you people that USE this have to say about it!

Are there any things that you think need to be improved or implemented??

Just answer here to let me know if you want any new features!!

(Also add a rating so I know if you like it or not) :D

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank everyone that has donated!I'll soon make a webpage for LAN Messenger and you'll all be listed there so everyone will know you supported!

And to keep you updated, I'll start working on a new theme and some more stuff next week that I'll have some available time, I've been busy on another project for the past few days (A multichoice query/questionaire program: with questions that show up randomly and you have a choice of answers and a countdown timer, and finally some results), it works quite nice and I may post some code here, or the program.

Any other suggestions for the next version of LAN Messenger? Let me know by posting it here!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 4 weeks later...

LAN Messenger version 2.9.5.5

1. Added About Logo! (although the transparency needs fixing, soon main logo also.)

2. Added the ability to drag the main window while options are open. (Click above Username or Left and Right of the Refresh button.)

3. Removed the Hide button and centered Refresh button. (Hide button is now in the tray icon right click context menu)

4. Fixed bug: Traytip wouldn't change Username when you changed Username.

5. Fixed bug: "Check for updates on startup", when an update was found and yes was then pressed there was a crash...

6. Changed the Traytip when connected.

7.Changed the way the "Check for updates on startup" works, the tray tips will help more and the Main window won't show until it finishes.

Thank you all for trying this out, it now has over 1000 downloads!!!!

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 5 weeks later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.5.6

1. Renamed application to s!mpL3 LAN Messenger. (Because it's simple!)

2. Added a License Agreement that will show on first run and needs to be accepted. You can also read it here.

3. Ability to place shortcuts on the desktop and the Start menu. (Current user only)

4. New logo! (License window, Main window, About window)

5.Double clicking on the Tray Icon will bring s!mpL3 LAN Messenger onscreen if it's off screen. I use this when I change from a 19" monitor to a 7" DisplayLink monitor and it stays off screen.

6. Renamed Options -> Settings

7. Added the ability to remove s!mpL3 LAN Messenger files/registry keys/logs. This is useful for places where you wouldn't want traces left like at work/office...

8. Minor changes to the Updater.

Use the Updater to update your version or download it from the first page of this thread!

Please consider Donating if you like using this application!

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.5.7

1. Replaced the "Restore Default Settings" label that showed under the button with a message box, hope it's not annoying...

2. Added the ability to "Remove at exit" which will clean up after exiting and leave no traces of s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.

(Note:Only the registry keys created by s!mpL3 LAN Messenger are removed if chosen, keys such as"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\LANMessenger.exe" are not removed.)

3. Remove files will now also remove the shortcuts created. An option just for that might be added. (If you want it, ask for it)

4. The Cleanup settings are now saved. If you choose to "Remove at exit" it doesn't really matter since your settings will be lost at exit.

Note: Removing files will also remove the settings file so you will have to personalize s!mpL3 LAN Messenger settings again next time you run it.

Use the Updater to update your version or download it from the first page of this thread!

Please consider Donating if you like using this application!

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 1 month later...

Is anyone using this program?

It'll take quite a bit till the next update cause I'll soon be out of free time for a couple of months at least...

If you have any ideas for updates post them here so I can take them into consideration for the future of s!mpL3 LAN Messenger!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

The Time Combo Box thing will repeat the default value twice...

So I think that this should be a better replacement:

Replace the '$TIMECOMBO' and '$READTIMECOMBO' with the proper values

$TIMECOMBO = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", xxx, xx, xx, xx)

GUICtrlSetData(-1, "seconds|minutes|hours", $READTIMECOMBO)

Posted Image

Edited by BoonPek