Ayke

Just one question, what is the best way to calculate the broadcasting address of a network? If my local IP is something like 192.168.1.64 will the broadcast address always be 192.168.1.255?

The broadcast adress is typically the highest possible network adress.

So it depends on the subnetmask, if your subnet is 255.0.0.0 then your broadcast adress is 192.168.1.255.

refer subnetting for further informations.

www.m3rry.de | nach müde kommt blöd

AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.6.2

1. Added the shake limiter so now you can only shake once every 10 seconds, that deals with flooding problems. The corresponding bug has been marked as fixed:

Looking for a way to limit Shakes to 1 every 10 seconds for every chat, cause I had it setup but it worked for all conversations so if you sent a shake to someone you couldn't send to anyone else for 10 seconds.

2. You might notice a small speed improvement due to some tuning I did.

Don't forget to rate this topic...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.8.8 [30/09/2015]

Download Here

s!mpL3

CanHasDIY

The broadcast adress is typically the highest possible network adress.

...if your subnet is 255.0.0.0 then your broadcast adress is 192.168.1.255.

Not true; a subnet of 255.0.0.0 on a 192.x.x.x network would provide a bcast addy of 192.255.255.255

Check out this subnet calculator if you have further questions/issues: Online Subnet Calculator

Cheers.

Be nice to the newbies... we were all there once...[size="3"]Being right too soon is socially unacceptable. - R. Heinlein[/size]My Projects:OpenKiosk Browser

CanHasDIY

Post removed; duplicate.

Edited by CanHasDIY

Be nice to the newbies... we were all there once...[size="3"]Being right too soon is socially unacceptable. - R. Heinlein[/size]My Projects:OpenKiosk Browser

BoonPek

Hey,

I've been busy with other computer-related stuff so I didn't have time to check AutoIt. Everything works fine except when updating, it gives me some AutoIt Error in line 9114. This only happens when I download the updater, else it works fine.

Posted Image

BoonPek

Check the option "Check for updates on startup" and restart...

I was trying to point out that there is a potential bug in the program that might need to be addressed. Some people like me like to do things manually, the Check for Updates on Startup works but doing it manually doesn't.

AoRaToS

It's a bug in that version only, I found it and fixed it in the next version, and it also works fine in the previous versions, you can either use an older version and manually update or use the "startup" way of updating!

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Download Here

s!mpL3

AoRaToS

New version under construction, anyone using LAN Messenger that has something to suggest should do it now so I can take suggestions into consideration...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Download Here

s!mpL3

JackDinn

Hay up AoRaToS, very nice piece of work ;) Iv done a little myself over the last year or so and reading through all your thread made me laugh as lots of the comments remind me of mistakes and similar problems iv had :blink:

Anyhow I did have just one question, is there a way to make it "start with windows" in hidden mode ? maybe a command line switch ?

If not i would be really really grateful if you could just stick that option in the settings there somewhere.

Other than that i can not fault your app at all, its just the job for quickly speaking to the kids without having to go to there rooms (which they would prob protest about me going into anyway, lol) or using MSN/WLM (whatever there calling it nowadays), EXCELLENT WORK :P

did you make your web site for your apps ? i did see it mentioned somewhere above.

Thx for the contribution to the AI community , nice one.

Cheers,

JackDinn.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

JackDinn

Just to be a pain iv got a couple of other requests, I noticed that it dont show an incoming message if it's "Hidden" so would it be possible to have it so when its in "Hidden mode" that any incoming messages show up.

Also is there an audible notification when you receive a message ? i have not noticed one could you add that also please.

What im trying to do is have your app installed on all my kids comps but in hidden mode so they dont even notice it being there but if i need to communicate with them that i can just run your app on my pc and send them a message. So i need it to run "Hidden" but i also need it to show any messages that i send to them & preferably give them an audible notification as well.

Sorry to be a pain ;)

Thx again,

JackDinn.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

AoRaToS

I'll work on your requests JackDinn!

Thanks for the input, I'm glad you like it!

The "start hidden" can become an option or a switch, the sound notification is something I'm working on and the "showing messages when hidden" was something I had to work for so it didn't happen (because I added "hidden mode" later on, I had to hide messages also cause they would appear) so it's easy to prevent...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Download Here

s!mpL3

JackDinn

Many thx AoRaToS. ;)

I would have said thx sooner but for some unknown reason some of my email notifications that im supposed to get when people post on a thread im participating on are just not getting through (or are not getting sent at all !) more than likely the latter as iv now not received a handful of notifications and iv even changed my email address to test whats going on, quite a pain when i dont get notified of posts on my own AI projects thread. odd ehh.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

AoRaToS

Current version 2.9.6.4! [18/08/2010]

1. Added the option to start in "hidden" mode (requested by JackDinn). When enabled, Checking for updates on startup is disabled and ignored.

2. Added the option to change the encryption password. To take advantage of this, the other computers that use s!mpL3 LAN Messenger should have the same password. There are 2 reasons why you would do this:

____1. To make it harder for someone to decrypt (if sniffed). (quite rare i believe)

____2. If you want to be visible only to specific people, let them know what password to use and change yours, then you'll only see them and they'll only see you!

3. When you click on "Path:" in the Logging section it should open the corresponding folder if it exists.

4. Removed the Clean Up features due to changes that are about to come in next versions.

I've actually added allot of functionality but it's not yet available cause I'm testing it and it has some bugs.

The ability to change the ports used is under construction.

Also to change some colors on the GUI.

There is also the thought of making two separate versions, a normal version with an installer and an uninstaller and one portable version, as it is now but without the registry entries (so that it stays s!mpL3).

I've created the Installer (improved the existing GUI) and an Uninstaller, but I'm still working on it...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Download Here

s!mpL3

AoRaToS

You're welcome JackDinn!

I've added one of the features you want and the rest I'll add soon...

I can make a test version and send it to you that has both features you want (sound and messages popping up when hidden), you can use that version on your kids computer(s)... I didn't add the features in this release cause sounds are still in an early stage and I was working on many other things... The other feature is really easy to have (I have to either make a few small changes or remove the code that prevents them from showing)...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Download Here

s!mpL3

JackDinn

Nice one for working so quick(although i know its a labour of love (well is for me ;))).

Its now sooo close. i can now have my kids comps start it up in the background, which is great but if i run it on my comp to message them the message still does not get through ! they have to have it in "un-hidden" mode to be able to receive messages, and they ant gonna want to have it showing up on there comps on boot or they will prob moan or even just remove it.

Im sure you'll get around to it in your own time so dont take to much notice of me and my wants.

Thx for the update on what you have done so far, although i did get some odd happenings when doing the updates, mainly error windows, i court one of them :-

post-38939-12820874196791_thumb.jpg

The other was a really odd one it came up with an error and then proceeded to delete the old LAN Messenger.exe file leaving me with nothing.

All good stuff though.

P.S.

Just read your last post and yes please id love a beta of what im after if thats ok with you :)

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

AoRaToS

Weird error, do you use the latest Updater?

The file is downloaded to the temp folder and then moved over the previous one, so the new version was there when the error appeared, If you'd open that folder you wouldn't be left with nothing... ;)

I'll check that out...

[EDIT] I fixed that error, I changed the uploaded LAN Messenger file, the version is the same...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Download Here

s!mpL3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• therks
      By therks
      Hi there,
      So I've created this very simple "chat" program so that my brother and I can quickly and easily share text and links to other computers on the network. It just reads/writes to a text file that the script interprets/formats appropriately. I will put the script it in a shared network folder and then any of the computers can open and use it.
      For displaying the "chat" I'm currently using an embedded IE browser and formatting the text via HTML, but I've realized that this will cause problems with opening the links because it will use IE instead of the system's default browser (Chrome in our case). Any suggestions? (To be clear, I'm specifically looking for assistance on having text with clickable links that will open in the default browser.)

For anyone interested, here's the code so far:
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GUIEdit.au3> #include <IE.au3> Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1) Global $CHAT_FILE = @ScriptDir & '\NetworkChat.txt' Main() Func Main() Local $hGUIMain = GUICreate('Network Chat', 500, 500, Default, Default, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW) Local $oEmbedIE = _IECreateEmbedded() Local $ob_EmbedIE = GUICtrlCreateObj($oEmbedIE, 5, 5, 490, 300) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKBORDERS) _IENavigate($oEmbedIE, 'about:blank') Local $dm_AccelTab = GUICtrlCreateDummy() Local $dm_AccelCtrlA = GUICtrlCreateDummy() Local $dm_AccelEnter = GUICtrlCreateDummy() Local $dm_AccelShiftEnter = GUICtrlCreateDummy() Local $dm_AccelPgUp = GUICtrlCreateDummy() Local $dm_AccelPgDn = GUICtrlCreateDummy() Local $ed_Chat = GUICtrlCreateEdit('', 5, 310, 470, 60, BitOR($ES_WANTRETURN, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKSTATEBAR, $GUI_DOCKLEFT, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT)) Local $aTabStop = [ 4 * 4 ] _GUICtrlEdit_SetTabStops($ed_Chat, $aTabStop) Local $bt_Send = GUICtrlCreateButton('>', 475, 310, 20, 60) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKSTATEBAR, $GUI_DOCKSIZE, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT)) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DEFBUTTON) Local $ch_Timestamps = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox('Show &timestamps', 5, 370, 200, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKSTATEBAR, $GUI_DOCKSIZE, $GUI_DOCKLEFT)) Local $ra_Enter = GUICtrlCreateRadio('&1. Enter to send / Shift+Enter for new line', 280, 370, 215, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKSTATEBAR, $GUI_DOCKSIZE, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT)) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED) Local $ra_ShiftEnter = GUICtrlCreateRadio('&2. Shift+Enter to send / Enter for new line', 280, 390, 215, 20) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKSTATEBAR, $GUI_DOCKSIZE, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT)) Local $aAccel = [ _ [ '{enter}', $dm_AccelEnter ], _ [ '+{enter}', $dm_AccelShiftEnter ], _ [ '{tab}', $dm_AccelTab ], _ [ '{pgup}', $dm_AccelPgUp ], _ [ '{pgdn}', $dm_AccelPgDn ], _ [ '^a', $dm_AccelCtrlA ] ] Local $aAccelSwap = $aAccel $aAccelSwap[0][0] = '+{enter}' $aAccelSwap[1][0] = '{enter}' GUISetAccelerators($aAccel) GUISetState() GUICtrlSetState($ed_Chat, $GUI_FOCUS) Local $sHTML, $aChatTime[2], $hFocused, $hIEControl = ControlGetHandle($hGUIMain, '', '[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]') While 1 $hFocused = _WinAPI_GetFocus() $aChatTime[0] = FileGetTime($CHAT_FILE, 0, 1) If $aChatTime[0] <> $aChatTime[1] Then $sHTML = _LoadChat(BitAND(GUICtrlRead($ch_Timestamps), $GUI_CHECKED)) _IEDocWriteHTML($oEmbedIE, $sHTML) _IEAction($oEmbedIE, 'refresh') $oEmbedIE.document.parentwindow.scrollTo(0, $oEmbedIE.document.body.scrollHeight) $aChatTime[1] = $aChatTime[0] EndIf Local $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() If $iMsg > 0 Then ConsoleWrite($iMsg & @CRLF) Switch $iMsg Case $ch_Timestamps $aChatTime[1] = 0 Case $ra_Enter GUISetAccelerators($aAccel) Case $ra_ShiftEnter GUISetAccelerators($aAccelSwap) Case $dm_AccelPgUp $oEmbedIE.document.parentwindow.scrollBy(0, -200) Case $dm_AccelPgDn $oEmbedIE.document.parentwindow.scrollBy(0, 200) Case $dm_AccelCtrlA If $hFocused = GUICtrlGetHandle($ed_Chat) Then _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($ed_Chat, 0, -1) Case $dm_AccelEnter If $hFocused = GUICtrlGetHandle($ed_Chat) Then If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($ra_Enter), $GUI_CHECKED) Then _SendChat($ed_Chat) Else _GUICtrlEdit_ReplaceSel($ed_Chat, @CRLF) EndIf EndIf Case $dm_AccelShiftEnter If $hFocused = GUICtrlGetHandle($ed_Chat) Then If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($ra_ShiftEnter), $GUI_CHECKED) Then _SendChat($ed_Chat) Else _GUICtrlEdit_ReplaceSel($ed_Chat, @CRLF) EndIf EndIf Case $bt_Send If $hFocused = GUICtrlGetHandle($ed_Chat) Then _SendChat($ed_Chat) Else GUICtrlSetState($ed_Chat, $GUI_FOCUS) EndIf Case $dm_AccelTab If $hFocused = GUICtrlGetHandle($ed_Chat) Then _GUICtrlEdit_ReplaceSel($ed_Chat, @TAB) Else GUICtrlSetState($ed_Chat, $GUI_FOCUS) EndIf Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Func _EncodeForFile($sString) $sString = StringStripCR($sString) $sString = StringReplace($sString, '\', '\\') $sString = StringReplace($sString, @LF, '\n') $sString = StringReplace($sString, @TAB, '\t') Return $sString EndFunc Func _EncodeFromFile($sString) $sString = StringReplace($sString, '<', '<') $sString = StringReplace($sString, '>', '>') $sString = StringFormat($sString) $sString = StringReplace($sString, @TAB, '    ') $sString = StringReplace($sString, @LF, '<br />') $sString = StringRegExpReplace($sString, '(http://\S+)', '<a href="\1" target="_blank">\1</a>') Return $sString EndFunc Func _SendChat($iCtrl) Local $sChat = StringStripWS(GUICtrlRead($iCtrl), 3) If $sChat Then FileWrite($CHAT_FILE, @CRLF & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & @TAB & @ComputerName & @TAB & _EncodeForFile($sChat)) GUICtrlSetData($iCtrl, '') Return True EndIf EndFunc Func _LoadChat($iShowTS) Local $aLines = FileReadToArray($CHAT_FILE), _ $sOutput = '<style>' $sOutput &= 'body, table { margin: 0; font-family: Arial; font-size: 0.8em; border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; } ' $sOutput &= 'tr { vertical-align: top; text-align: left; } ' $sOutput &= '.name_column { white-space: nowrap; } ' $sOutput &= '.text_column { width: 100%; } ' $sOutput &= '.row1 { background: #eee; } ' $sOutput &= '.date { background: #bef; text-align: center; border: solid #000; border-width: 1px 0; } ' If Not $iShowTS Then $sOutput &= '.timestamp { display: none }' $sOutput &= '</style>' $sOutput &= '<table>' Local $sDateMem For $L = 0 To @extended-1 If Not $aLines[$L] Then ContinueLoop Local $aRegExLine = StringRegExp($aLines[$L], '(.+)\t(.+)\t(.+)', 1), $sChat If Not @error Then $aDateTime = _FormatTime($aRegExLine[0]) If $aDateTime[0] <> $sDateMem Then $sOutput &= '<tr><th class="date" colspan="2">' & $aDateTime[0] & '</th></tr>' $sDateMem = $aDateTime[0] EndIf $sOutput &= '<tr class="row' & Mod($L, 2) & '" title="' & $aDateTime[1] & '">' & _ '<th class="name_column"><span class="timestamp">[' & $aDateTime[1] & '] </span>' & $aRegExLine[1] & '</th>' & _ '<td class="text_column">' & _EncodeFromFile($aRegExLine[2]) & '</td></tr>' & @CRLF EndIf Next $sOutput &= '</table>' Return $sOutput EndFunc Func _FormatTime($sTime) Local $aMonths = StringSplit('Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec', '|') Local $aReturn[2] Local $aRegEx = StringRegExp($sTime, '(\d{4})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})', 1) If Not @error Then $aReturn[0] = $aRegEx[0] &'-'& $aMonths[Int($aRegEx[1])] &'-'& $aRegEx[2] $aReturn[1] = $aRegEx[3] &':'& $aRegEx[4] &':'& $aRegEx[5] EndIf Return $aReturn EndFunc

• ModemJunki
      By ModemJunki
      Hello,
      In Windows 10 PowerShell, one can do this to change the metric for a NIC in Windows 10:
      Get-NetAdapter | Where-Object -FilterScript {$_.InterfaceAlias -Eq "Ethernet 2"} | Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceMetric 2 I know I can script the above PowerShell line (and it works!), but I wanted to try something I hadn't done before after looking into jguinch's most excellent Network configuration UDF. I wanted to make use of the SetIPConnectionMetric method in the WMI classes. There is an example VBscript here but this is not for Windows 10. Using AutoIT would also give better control over capturing error return codes than with PowerShell.
      But I cannot get my script to work! The return from SetIPConnectionMetric() is 0, which would indicate success. Yet the change does not happen. I also tried WMI methods using .put_ but this fails.
      Anyone more experienced than I have ideas to make this work?
      #RequireAdmin _SetNicInterfaceMetric2("Ethernet 2", "2") Func _SetNicInterfaceMetric2($NIC_NAME, $METRIC) Local $s_setIndx = 0 $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\" & "." & "\root\cimv2") $colNICItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapter WHERE NetConnectionID = '" & $NIC_NAME & "'", "WQL") If IsObj($colNICItems) Then For $objItem In $colNICItems $s_nicIndex = $objItem.Index Next ConsoleWrite("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = '" & $s_nicIndex & "'" & @CRLF) $colNAC = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = '" & $s_nicIndex & "'", "WQL") If IsObj($colNAC) Then For $objNetCard In $colNAC If $METRIC <> $objNetCard.IPConnectionMetric Then ConsoleWrite("Metric was set to " & $objNetCard.IPConnectionMetric & ". Setting to " & $METRIC & "." & @CRLF) $s_isSet = $objNetCard.SetIPConnectionMetric($METRIC) ConsoleWrite("SetIPConnectionMetric Result = " & $s_isSet & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("Metric is already set to " & $METRIC & @CRLF) EndIf Next EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>_SetNicInterfaceMetric2  
    • harvester2001
      By harvester2001
      Hi
      I need your help I need create broadcast text message/notification to multiple lan clients. I can install listener program on pc its not a problem.
      But I don`t know how to start, could somebody write me example script how broadcast script and client who listen non stop for message should look like.
      I try to find example on forum but I have problem to understand those scripts.
      Many thx for help.
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      A UDF to connect to IRC using TCP Functions, as well as perform actions once connected.
      WANTED: Technical Writer able to create / maintain a helpfile (.chm) using the Autoit helpfile layout for an negotiated rate.

Notes:
      Originally created by Chip.
      UDF Headers updated compared to old script.
      Error and Parameter Handling updated compared to old script.
      If you need to bypass the RFC compliance of this UDF, use _IRCRaw.
      The majority of the old functions have been modified. It will break most, if not all, scripts using the old UDF.
      These commands should work on every server following either RFC 1459 (legacy) or RFC 2812 (preferred).

Potential Uses:
      IRC Chat Clients
      Chatroom Integration for software
      IRC Bots for Channel / Server Administration
      IRC Bots for Games such as Hangman, Mafia, and WereWolf
      Remote Administration without having to setup your own AutoIt server

Functions:
      _IRCChannelInvite
      _IRCChannelJoin
      _IRCChannelKick
      _IRCChannelPart
      _IRCChannelTopic
      _IRCConnect
      _IRCDisconnect
      _IRCGetMsg
      _IRCMultiMode
      _IRCMultiSendMsg
      _IRCRaw
      _IRCSelfOper
      _IRCSelfSetNick
      _IRCSelfSetStatus
      _IRCServerPing
      _IRCServerPong
      _IRCServerTime
      _IRCServerVersion

Extra Functions:
      _IRCReplyTo (IRCExtras.au3)
      _IRCStripSpecial (IRCExtras.au3)

Downloads:

Additional Links:
      Chips' Old UDF Topic:

DISCLAIMER:
      While these downloads are more stable than the ones above, I do not have time to thoroughly test all functions and variable entries. If something doesn't work as expected or gives you an error please check @error and @extended variables then create a reply to this topic.

Changelog:
      09/06/2016: IRC.au3 Fixed : Updated Headers to UDF-spec (- instead of =) _IRCGetMsg Fixed : Incorrect Return Value On Error _IRCStripSpecial Added : Better documentation of Flags _IRCMultiSendMsg Added : Better documentation of Flags _IRCMultiSendMsg Fixed : Max Message Size based on https://forums.unrealircd.org/viewtopic.php?t=6811 Updated all files to consider themselves a standalone install by default All Functions that didn't Return anything now return Number of bytes sent Slight Performance Improvements by using Parameter Gating instead of Single Input Single Output 07/21/2016: Example.au3 Fixed : Includes Example.au3 Renamed: IRC_Example.au3 IRC.au3 Changed: Minor Performance Improvements 04/18/2016: IRCConstants.au3 Updated: A Ton of New Constants added IRCMultiSendMsg Added : Color Example Increased TCP Timeout in all Examples 04/13/2016: CUI.au3 Updated: Errors now output to Error Stream in Console (C/G)UI.au3 Fixed : Userlists (FOR REAL THIS TIME) by being sure to get the current channel Removed: Duplicate Constants File Include Removed: Local Declaration inside of While loop for Performance Updated: TCPTimeout Increased Updated: $sTemp renamed $sStrip for Readibility Example.au3 Updated: TCPTimeout Increased GUI_Client.au3 Renamed: GUI.au3 _IRCStripSpecial Added : Parameter Checking Updated: Documentation _IRCMultiSendMsg Added : Additional flags for Message Type (POSSIBLY SCRIPT BREAKING if using $_bTrim!) Updated: Example to show new flags Updated: Increase Max Message Size from 368 To 436 04/09/2016: IRC.au3 Updated: All Documentation Added : Now has a Constaznts file _IRCConnnect Fixed : Now PROPERLY returns any errors _IRCGetMsg Removed: $_iChars parameter since it gets one packet at a time and parsing is easier _IRCReplyTo Fixed : Now properly returns username _IRCStripSpecial Added : Now uses Constants File All files are now in a single ZIP Includes 2 basic IRC "clients", a CUI, and a GUI 07/15/2015: Example.au3 Added : Improved Debugging   Updated: All Space Indents to Tab Idents   IRC.au3 Removed: Exception skipping @error = -1 in IRCGetMsg() as 3.3.14.0 fixed it 07/15/2015: Example.au3 Added : Ping Timeout Fixed : Userlist clipping of last user IRC.au3 Fixed : IRCGetMsg() Hang 07/08/2015: Example.au3 Fixed : User Lists   Fixed : Nickname now switches to backup nickname if first choice is already in use IRC.au3 Added : UDF Index Added : #include-once Updated: All Functions updated to Single Entry, Single Exit Updated: Now passes Au3Check on -q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 01/15/2015: Example.au3 Fixed : Ampersand channels causing a crash 12/20/2014: Example.au3 Fixed : Nicks not updating on all channel lists when a user changed their nick Fixed : Nicks not deleting on all channel lists when a user quits the network 12/19/2014: Example.au3 Added : User lists Added : Channel lists Added : Bot keeps track of own nick Added : Secondary nick in case first nick choice is in use. Added : Extremely Minor performance improvements _IRCConnect Added : Improved parameter checking _IRCGetMsg Updated: Now only retrieves one packet by default (MAY be script breaking) 10/14/2014: Example.au3 Added : Shutdown TCP on exit Fixed : $Recipient now gets the actual Recipient instead of the 3rd message Added : Now exits when told to quit. IRC.au3 Added : Improved Error Reporting (Includes @extended on error) _IRCDisconnect Added : Close Socket on Disconnect _IRCStripSpecial Added : Improved Color Stripping 09/28/2014: _IRCConnect Fixed : Checking if Mode was blank. _IRCGetMsg Fixed : Spamming of 0 and incorrectly thinking there was an error. 09/28/2014: IRC.au3 Fixed : All functions now return when errors are encountered instead of continuing _IRCConnect Added : Now returns an error if optional password failed to send _IRCGetMsg Added : Now returns an error if it failed to receive a custom amount of data _IRCServerVersion Fixed : Capitalized "Version" 09/26/2014: Example.au3 Fixed : Pings not ending with @CRLF IRCExtras.au3 Added : _IRCStripSpecial(), Cleans special characters sometimes seen in IRC 09/24/2014: Example.au3 Added : Checking for PrivMsg Fixed : Infinite loop if you removed _IRCDisconnect Updated: Bot now disconnects when receiving "!quit" instead of automatically Discontinuted BETA UDF project. 04/20/2014: IRCExtras.au3 Added : Additional IRC Functions _IRChangeNick Renamed: _IRCSelfSetNick (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCChangeNick with _IRCSelfSetNick) _IRCGetMsg Fixed : Now no longer Splits Packets if Default option is used _IRCChannelInvite Added : Invites a User to a Channel _IRCChannelKick Added : Kick a User from a channel _IRCJoinChannel Renamed: _IRCChannelJoin (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCJoinChannel with _IRCChannelJoin) _IRCMode Renamed: _IRCMultiMode (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCMode with _IRCMultiMode) _IRCOper Renamed: _IRCSelfOper (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCOper with _IRCSelfOper) _IRCPartChannel Renamed: _IRCChannelPart (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCPartChannel with _IRCChannelPart) _IRCPing Renamed: _IRCServerPing (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCPing with _IRCServerPing) _IRCPong Renamed: _IRCServerPong (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCPong with _IRCServerPong) _IRCSelfSetStatus Added : Sets you AFK and un-AFK _IRCSendMessage Renamed: Renamed _IRCMultiSendMsg. (SCRIPT BREAKING Fix: Replace IRCSendMessage with IRCMultiSendMsg) _IRCSendMessageRaw Renamed: Renamed _IRCRaw (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCSendMessageRaw with _IRCRaw) _IRCServerTime Added : Get time from a Server _IRCServerVersion Added : Get Software Version from a Server _IRCTopic Renamed: _IRCChannelTopic (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCTopic with _IRCChannelTopic) Improved Parameter detection in all Functions Renamed Functions to show who/what they effect, MASSIVE Script Breaking. Sorry! :/ 04/06/2014: _IRCGetMsg Added : Use to get IRC Messages. _IRCSetTopic Changed: Now named _IRCTopic (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCSetTopic with _IRCTopic) Changed: Can now be used to query topic and does so by default. Use "" to blank the topic All functions now thoroughly check their parameters Updated all functions to use @extended to some errors Fixed @error returning 0 by starting all errors at 1 instead of 0 03/20/2014: _IRCChangeMode Changed: Now named _IRCMode (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Replace _IRCChangeMode with _IRCMode) Changed: $_sMode is now OPTIONAL. Allowing the command to be used to Query current mode as well _IRCConnect Fixed : Missing Colon Before $_sRealName. It should now allow Real Names with spaces _IRCDisconnect Fixed : Issue with Blank Messages. Should now properly blank to Default _IRCPing Changed: $_Server is now REQUIRED. (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Specify a server as Parameter 2) _IRCSendMessage Added : $_bTrim, Trims message if too long instead of breaking up the message, Default is true _IRCSetTopic Added : Command for setting a Channel Topic Updated Most Functions to include better error checking Updated Most Channel Related Functions to check for valid channels 03/16/2014: _IRCChangeMode Added : Optional parameters for channel modes Changed: Parameter ordering Target is now before Mode (SCRIPT BREAKING! Fix: Swap Parameters 2 and 3) _IRCConnect Changed: No longer exits the script on error, instead returns TCPConnect Error Code _IRCJoinChannel Added : Now Supports Channel Passwords _IRCOper Added : Command for IRC Server Operator Login Updated All Functions to have UDF standard error codes 02/24/2014: _IRCSendMessage Changed: Split Into _IRCSendMessage and _IRCSendMessageRaw (SCRIPT BREAKING! No Simple Fix Available) 02/23/2014: Made variables comply to UDF Standards http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/udfs/UDF_Standards.htm Removed MsgBoxes left over from old UDF Updated / Uploaded IRC.au3 Known and Reported Bugs:
      Message output only displays ANSI characters in CUI. (Can't Fix) Freenode requires registration for part messages thus the part message in example doesn't show up (Can't fix) Messages (e.g. PRIVMSG) are not forwarded?, when it contains umlauts/german mutations and when the message only contains a dot '.' (Unconfirmed) Warnings:
      Do NOT send a lot of messages at once. MOST networks will disconnect you. SOME networks will permanently ban you. A MINORITY will harshly retailiate. Do NOT use the Sleep() function in your scripts. It prevents you from receiving any new data, can disconnect your from the network, and have other undesired consequences. Use the TimerInit() and TimerDiff() functions and possibly a message queue. To Do:
      Possibly add in SSL functionality Create More Functions for IRC commands An entire IRC daemon written in AutoIt Possibly Include Kips TCP UDF for ASync Port Listening in Example Create Additional UDFs for extras such as CTCP, DCC, and Error Lookup Experiment with having functions check for the reply and see if reliable. Upcoming Changes:
      To Be Decided
    • Cormin
      By Cormin
      My script currently reads a text file line by line. I want it to look for this the chat message below and skip the session messages. 
      There are some garbage lines that I want it to skip over. So if a line doesnt match that format then skip it. I tried experimenting with StringRegExp but I think I'm using it wrong. Heres my code
      If StringRegExp($read, '\W\d\d\w\d\d\D.\W') = Not @error Then I was hoping that this would be able to see the open bracket, 2 digits, a colon, 2 digits,  close bracket, a space and a <. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Eventually I want to be able to extract the username and chat message into separate strings but I haven't got that far yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.