AoRaToS

well i didnt really catch enough info or take note of exactly what i was doing/clicking, was it updating just after i ran it because the check for update on load was set (i think it was this method it was using !) or did i manually click update, im not 100% sure so i cant be of much help to you sorry.

I shall make a point of baring it in mind for next time and see if i can provide any helpful info if it happens again.

o btw, iv been after that error catcher that your using for ages. I just dont seem to be able to find it. Im talking about the error window that says what line in the code and the error text itself when using a compiled script. All i ever get is "error at line 1" or something like that. I assume its an $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") kinda thing but how do you get the line number and error text for use in the MyErrFunc() ?

Cheers chap, ;)

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

seems to have died a death ;) its not available for download anymore.

my auto speed tester is my largest at 3927 lines, you win , tehe.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

I just forgot to update my signature ;)

I've made your version...

here

rename and remove the _ (it works fine even if you don't)

let me know, i chose the sound :)

The window will pop-up unless if it already exists (hidden) but i don't think they know the key combination to make the program appear and hide again so it should be fine...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Brilliant ! you got it just as i was hoping for ;)

The sound made me chuckle a little , but its absolutely fine, did you make it with beep() loops ? i tend to have a multitude of external files as in this case i would have used a .wav or something so however you did do it internally makes it even more neat. But i suppose you thinking of the long point of view i.e. you wanting it to be portable as well, so needing to try to stick to a stand alone .exe as much as pos.

Excellent work my friend, i shall get it out to the kids comps asap :)

Thx again.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

o right of course a standard windows media file , i should have known iv used enough of them myself, and icons, until i get around to sorting out my own but its just one of those things you leave right till the end.

bit like the skins im trying to decide on for ClipCatch atm, i think i like this one, i think :-

post-38939-12820969282495_thumb.jpg

anyhow many thx for your quick work, i shall keep a close eye on what your getting up to ;)

night.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

But I'll stick to the plan of being after the functionality for now

yea, always the best practice. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends how much of an scripting geek you are :)) you just never seem to actually Finnish anything. Im always posting on my forum for JDast(JD's Auto Speed Tester) that this is the last update its finished but nooo thats never gonna happen, lol, and now im back working on ClipCatch again as well as trying to sort some requests for JDast ! i was going to start looking into another project using TCP/UDP to message my kids over the LAN, just very simple single messages, God was i lucky to find you ;) (I didn't really know where to start anyhow) There's just not enough time in the day, but as i said earlier its a labour of love I just cant help myself from loading SciTE as soon as i sit down at my comp ;)

Anyhow, just thought id let you know that iv installed s!mpL3 Lan Messenger on all my kids & partners comps and its all working great!

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

okie dokie iv found a bug for ya, :) and this one dont just affect me. (or maybe it does, i dunno)

If you type a message thats longer than about 25 characters the message does not get sent !!

Got to keep you working ;)

cheers AoRaToS

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

Anyhow, just thought id let you know that iv installed s!mpL3 Lan Messenger on all my kids & partners comps and its all working great!

Yes it never seems to end, or, it ends until the next idea kicks in ;)

I've never had that problem, is it only with your "modified" version? Even then I didn't mess with anything that could affect that... I checked the normal version and it works ok, using a VM as the second machine, I'm now setting up my second pc to try it out...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

OK i found what it was, for some unknown reason my firewall (comodo) was causing the problem ! I had already clicked allow on all the block/allow pop-ups so it makes no sense because firstly the FW didnt have any pop-ups saying it had blocked anything and also why would it allow up to 25 characters through (in or out) but not 26 (also in or out)!! ?

I found it out cos i was testing on all my comps and a variety of VM's and i just happened to noticed that when i used 2 OS's which i did not have Comodo installed they were able to send long messages absolutely fine, so i tested disabling Comodo on some of my other pc's and bingo works fine.

Sorry about that but maybe save others from finding this problem and not knowing what's going on.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

so i was just wondering what happens when you do your next update ? should i not update to keep the individual features that you did for me or would you be adding the things iv asked for in any future versions ?

BTW all working fine, thx ;)

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

so is this release ok for me to download ? (does it still have load hidden & show messages when hidden)

cheers , i could just download it and find out but im lazy ;)

Thx AoRaToS

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

hmm, iv just spent half an hour trying to figure out why these darn message box were coming up when i was using my VPN, yea its simple and obvious when you know why but if you dont it can throw ya ! (well me anyhow, lol, but dont forget the app was hidden) & i had just installed a new firewall yesterday so that got the blame first, i was hunting all through its setting ...

Maybe these message boxs should have the name of your app in the title bar , just a suggestion that my save someone else from a headache ;)

post-38939-1282414383743_thumb.jpgpost-38939-12824144265965_thumb.jpg

Keep up the good work :)

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.