AVG AntiVirus recent update

I have a few scripts which run on a number of Windows XP Pro + SP2 machines and discovered that AVG Anti Virus has done an update today and since this update all my scripts now fail to execute. It prompts a Windows Error message: Windows can not access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item.

Since uninstalling AVG this issue has been resolved. Anyone else run into this yet?

I get virus reports from AVG 8 on two files in the autoit3 3.3.0.0 installer and in the Zip too, I tried checking on two different computers but still the same. There is no virus report when doing a scan on the beta 3.2.13.13

post-4760-1233576691_thumb.jpg

Has anyone out there the same trouble

kjactive :)

Edited by kjactive

I had exactly the same issue. I have read the sticky about false positives, and this time it does appear to be quite specific to AVG 8 and AutoItSC.bin from version 3.3.0.0. Symantec AV 10.0.0.359 with an up to date Virus Definition file doesn't find a Virus in version 3.3.0.0.

Temporarily, I have reverted to using 3.2.12.1 which AVG 8 doesn't flag as having the virus. Luckily I don't have that many that were compiled with 3.3.0.0. I suspect either a future update of AVG will stop flagging it as a Virus, or a new version of AutoIT will appear - both I hope!

When this first arose back in 2006, it was definitely a major problem with the AV software, luckily it hasn't happened since.

Whilst I fully accept there is no Virus in the file, could one of the developers please record somewhere the steps they go through to ensure the PC that compiles AutoIT is (and remains) free of any Malware. Please don't take this as a criticism, just a quest for knowledge. If you have an agreed set of procedures/processes for ensuring that the AutoIT C++ Source Code doesn't generate EXE files with malware attached, then the rest of us can learn and use that as a basis for creating AutoIT Scripts that aren't riddled with malware...

OR... i use RAV - Rising Antivirus , And i havent had a single virus (i have PURPOSLY DOWNLAODED one to test it out)... i havent had a single virus taht was unaccounted for, RAV found them, deleted them, quarentined the other stuff... and well im not sure about autoit exe\au3s but the au3s i could just check and confirm its not maliciousness.. i sugest RAV instaed of AVG

Try RAV.. it looks better and when i had AVG on my laptop it didnt last one month ive had this computer with RAV for 4 so far and NOTHING just TRY RAV if you dont like it i wont bother you :) seriously

I'm not using AV software. That is, I don't have it installed.

If I get in possession of suspicious file I send it to one of the online scanners.

AV apps are one of the most demanding softwares that are molesting your system resources. Positive effect gained by possesion of permanently running AV is negligible compared to for example having it on context menu for files and running it from there for suspicious files only as on time scanner.

I guess if you are complete noob, I mean totally, then AV software is must have. Other than that, no. Au contraire - french would say.

Manufacturers of that apps are using reverse logic and unfortunately create public opinion (yeah, it's conspiracy, they are poisoning your mind and maybe even water).

This is of course only my opinion, nothing more.

* text enclosed in parentheses is to be taken as a joke

♡♡♡

eMyvnE