Run excel macro within autoit

Hey all, is there an way to call an excel macro by name within autoit? i'm currently just sending my hot key after opening the sheet with macro stored in it. Thanks.

Look at the _Excel* functions of the Excel.au3 UDF. Once you open the workbook, you should be able to do $oExcel.Run("Macro_Name").

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not finding that function in Excel.au3

The use of the object method $oExcel.Run("Macro_Name") is not in the UDF. The .Run method is part of the Excel workbook object.

I meant use the function _ExcelBookAttach(), _ExcelBookNew(), or _ExcelBookOpen() to get the object reference in $oExcel. Then, you can run a macro by doing $oExcel.Run("Macro_Name").

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The use of the object method $oExcel.Run("Macro_Name") is not in the UDF. The .Run method is part of the Excel workbook object.

I meant use the function _ExcelBookAttach(), _ExcelBookNew(), or _ExcelBookOpen() to get the object reference in $oExcel. Then, you can run a macro by doing $oExcel.Run("Macro_Name").

I have tried the $oExcel.Run("Move")

Move being my macro name and it gives me an error: Expected a "a" in assignment statement.... What is wrong

Do I need more than one line of code to run this macro?

I have tried the $oExcel.Run("Move")

Move being my macro name and it gives me an error: Expected a "a" in assignment statement.... What is wrong

Do I need more than one line of code to run this macro?

Don't double post. Answered in your own topic.