Urgent help please!

• Moderators

Hello AutoitScriptForum,

I have a question... How would I do something like...... if certain words are on a certain screen then... my autoit application will do something?

THIS IS URGENT!!!

Thank you.

You'd start by learning how to ask a question properly giving every bit of information readily available to you... Rather than asking such a broad question that you'd get either zero (because no one likes to answer that the poster didn't have enough respect to actually think out to post) or a ton of responses that you'd only have questions to on them because no one knows what you really want.

Then once you've thought of what it is you'd want to actually accomplish, you'd look in the help file for functions that may help in what you need. Then after that, you start to code something.

Now you've spent a few days with AutoIt, if you're stuck then... Then is when you ask your well thought out and articulated question.

Edit:

BTW, you shouldn't spend so much time on warez sites :) ...

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You'd start by learning how to ask a question properly giving every bit of information readily available to you... Rather than asking such a broad question that you'd get either zero (because no one likes to answer that the poster didn't have enough respect to actually think out to post) or a ton of responses that you'd only have questions to on them because no one knows what you really want.

Then once you've thought of what it is you'd want to actually accomplish, you'd look in the help file for functions that may help in what you need. Then after that, you start to code something.

Now you've spent a few days with AutoIt, if you're stuck then... Then is when you ask your well thought out and articulated question.

Calm down.

I looked everywere and I've spent like what... 3 weeks? with autoit.

If you can't help, then don't post in my topic. -.-

I was asking how can I make AutoIT do something everytime certain words pop up in Notepad.

Edit: How do you know I go on warez sites... lol

Edited by RichardNeedsHelp

• Moderators

Calm down.

I looked everywere and I've spent like what... 3 weeks? with autoit.

If you can't help, then don't post in my topic. -.-

I was asking how can I make AutoIT do something everytime certain words pop up in Notepad.

See that's the thing, I can help.

And the best part, I'm a Moderator, I have the pleasure of posting in any topic I see fit to (whether they appreciate it or not).

And we were supposed to know you were working in Notepad?

What code have you tried to accomplish with?

Notepad is easy, use AutoItInfo.exe and get the ClassNameNN or ControlID .... Then use ControlGetText().

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

See that's the thing, I can help.

And the best part, I'm a Moderator, I have the pleasure of posting in any topic I see fit to (whether they appreciate it or not).

And we were supposed to know you were working in Notepad?

What code have you tried to accomplish with?

Notepad is easy, use AutoItInfo.exe and get the ClassNameNN or ControlID .... Then use ControlGetText().

Ok well.... so far I have

;Created by Richard

WinWaitActive("THE NOTEPAD window. I WILL FILL IN THIS PROPERLY LATER")

ControlGetText ( "THE NOTEPAD window... I WILL FILL IN THIS PROPERLY LATER", "test", controlID )

Also.. I didn't know that you guys needed to know that I'm working in Notepad.

I'm using AutoItInfo.exe.... and I can't find out how to find out the ControlID. I use the Finder tool put it on the window... and well I don't know where exactly I can find it.

I want it so like... depending on the text which in this case it's 'Test' it will do something.. maybe multiple functions? No idea.

Edited by RichardNeedsHelp