#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add

FoyBoy

How can I use:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add

To include a picture, .jpg, that I can later use in the script?

For example if I had:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=C:\Users\me\Desktop\88x31.jpg

GuiCreate("", 188, 131)
GuiSetState()
GUICtrlCreatePic("88x31.jpg", 50, 50, 88, 31)

While 1

WEnd

How could I make this work in regards to calling files in the resource?

• 2 years later...
  • Developers

How can you do this without a UDF? It can't be that complicated surely... ?

What are you on about?

Use the UDF the way it is described and it will be strait forward.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I choose to not use external UDF's I don't mind internal ones that comes with Autoit but I do not like to rely on something I find somewhere. How do you use a resource without someone elses UDF they made? It cannot be THAT difficult that you need to get a whole UDF on how to use a file ?

• Developers

I choose to not use external UDF's I don't mind internal ones that comes with Autoit but I do not like to rely on something I find somewhere.

Fine but then also have the courtesy and do not bother us with your stupidity and figure it our yourself with the pointed to link. Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I choose to not use external UDF's I don't mind internal ones that comes with Autoit but I do not like to rely on something I find somewhere. How do you use a resource without someone elses UDF they made? It cannot be THAT difficult that you need to get a whole UDF on how to use a file ?

Then rip out just minimum necessary code from this UDF and copy it to your project and modify accordingly.

@Morthawt

Use FileInstall() and enjoy...

Thanks, I have used that as it is about the best way I know how to include files. I was just curious about the methods of doing this resource technique. I had a look through the source for that UDF but it makes zero sense to me. I am not quite at that level it seems. I figured it would be easier to pull something back out of a resource but I guess not.

• Developers

@Morthawt,

Why did you report me on my last post?

Excuse me.. I am making valid points and contributing on this forum. I do not appreciate how you talk to me.

I would expect a little more professionalism from a developer. I simply stated I choose to use UDF that come with autoit and not use external ones. This comment was totally uncalled for.

Did you seriously assume that another member of the team would help you?

Which part of the rules do you not understand?

You are not making a valid point and are bluntly dismissing the work of a well respected forum member because it isn't a standard UDF.

You then go on and ask for help. this to me clearly justifies the remark made.

As to responding professionally: You get what you deserve. So post these type of stupid remarks and your are treated that way.

Oh, report me or another member of the Mod/Dev team again and you will urn yourself a nice long time off from these forums.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.