Make a Linux Gnome Applet?

AcidicChip

I'm an Ubuntu user (ever since Vista's release), and I was wondering if it's possible to make a gnome applet. I use Tomboy, which is a "sticky note" type of applet, that sits in the gnome panel, and you can click it for a list of notes, etc. When listing my processes I see Tomboy.exe , and some mention of mono, I believe (Testing Windows 7 right now, will confirm when back in Linux).

Can this be done with AutoIT? If so, how?

AutoIt doesn't run on Linux, so no. Also see the "Things NOT on the ToDo List.":

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/wi...ItNotOnToDoList

I think you're mistaking "Developer Chat" with General Help and Support. If you need any help that is related to AutoIt, then post in General Help and Support. Asking questions about AutoIt still falls under the help category.

Edited by Manadar

Hey Manadar, thats the wrong link, the trac moved a while ago (check the link in the corner). The "Things NOT on the ToDo List" can be found at

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/wi...ItNotOnToDoList

The AutoIt GUI can be Wine'd...automating controls is a different story, but if you're creating a GUI to accept parameters, and write files and such, you can do it with AutoIt & Wine.

I hope this helps,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Tomboy is written in C#. AFAIK, Mono compiles code into EXE files, even in Linux. Doesn't mean it's the same kind of EXE as in Windows though. In the end, Tomboy is a Linux software made for Gnome using Gtk+ bindings, which is why it interfaces with Gnome. The same can't be said for any Windows application, not even those running under Wine. That includes AutoIt.

Edited by -Ultima-

[ WinINet.au3 | Array.au3 (Optimized) | _UnixTimeParse() ]