Eve-Online Mining Bot

Ealric

EVE-Mining-Bot ( E-M-B )

AU3 Script Location

EMB Script EXE

The script is obfuscated but I'll report all of the features and setup instructions here.

On First Run

• A Directory called LOGS will be created from the root of where the script is first run.
  • A Directory called COLOR will be created from the root of where the script is first run.
  • An emb.ini configuration file will be created that hosts most of the user customized settings for the Bot.

The GUI Interface

• The name title for the bot is decided within the emb.ini and will appear in the titlebar of your bot. The ability to customize the name of the bot will keep check parsers from being able to readily identify a bot due to any possible popularity.
  • Num of Lasers: The number of mining lasers your ship uses when mining.
  • Use Belt(s): The actual belt number you want to mine. If Randomize Belts is checked, then you supply the highest number of belts you wish to randomly mine at. (e.g. if randomize is checked and you place 9 in the box, the program will mine at belt numbers 1 - 9 randomly. Otherwise, if unchecked it would mine at belt # 9.)
  • Use Station: The number of the station you are going to dock your ship. The station number correlates to the dropdown position from the system menu while in space. So, if you select station 3, then it's the 3rd dropdown on the menu.
  • Mouse Speed: Set anything between 1 and 100. The smaller the speed, the FASTER the mouse will move. I recommend a setting between 10 and 20.
  • Start EMB : When EVE has been launched in "window mode", clicking start will activate the window, and the bot will start its procedure.
  • Stop EMB : This will stop the bot completely but will not terminate the program.
  • C : Launches a built in child GUI called Finder which I wrote to help locate X,Y, Color positions while in the game. Pushing ALT+F while in Finder mode will record a color notifcation in the COLOR directory within a file called color.txt. Pushing ALT + ESC will terminate Finder mode and bring the original EMB gui interface back into view.
  • Pressing PAUSE will pause the bot at anytime.
  • Pressing ESC will terminate the program completely.

emb.ini

CODE
[Main]

BotName=Aeronautics ; Name of Your Bot

[Graphics] ; GRAPHICS Section

ScreenWidth=1600 ; Width of your screen resolution

ScreenHeight=1200 ; Height of your screen resolution

[Menus] ; MENUS Section

MainMenuTriangle_X_Pos=56 ; (X Position) of the triangle located next to the system name in the upper left hand corner

MainMenuTriangle_Y_Pos=69 ; (Y Position) of the triangle located next to the system name in the upper left hand corner

FirstMenu_X_Pos=113 ; (X Position) of the first dropdown menu from the triangle

FirstMenu_Y_Pos=78 ; (Y Position) of the first dropdown menu from the triangle

BeltMenu_X_Pos=300 ; (X Position) of the first asteroid belt menu

BeltMenu_Y_Pos=65 ; (Y Position) of the first asteroid belt menu

BeltSubMenuOne_Y_Pos=450 ; (Y Position) of the first asteroid belt submenu

BeltSubMenuTwo_Y_Pos=550 ; (Y Position) of the second asteroid belt submenu

StationMenu_X_Pos=135 ; (X Position) of the first station menu

StationMenu_Y_Pos=110 ; (Y Position) of the first station menu

StationSubMenuOne_Y_Pos=211 ; (Y Position) of the first station submenu

StationSubMenuTwo_Y_Pos=530 ; (Y Position) of the second station submenu

[buttons] ; BUTTONS Section

ApproachButton_X_Pos=189 ; (X Position) of the approach button

ApproachButton_Y_Pos=1099 ; (Y Position) of the approach button

LockButton_X_Pos=322 ; (X Position) of the lock button

LockButton_Y_Pos=1100 ; (Y Position) of the lock button

FirstOverviewTarget_X_Pos=94 ; (X Position) of the first overview target

FirstOverviewTarget_Y_Pos=288 ; (Y Position) of the first overview target

M_locator_X_Pos=290 ; (X Position) of the little (m) for meters when approaching within 9999 m of a target

M_locator_Y_Pos=1065 ; (Y Position) of the little (m) for meters when approaching within 9999 m of a target

ShipStopButton_X_Pos=758 ; (X Position) of the ship stop button

ShipStopButton_Y_Pos=1161 ; (Y Position) of the ship stop button

[Mining] ; MINING Section

TopLeftLaserIcon_X_Pos=512 ; (X Position) of the Top Left Laser Icon when mining is active

TopLeftLaserIcon_Y_Pos=898 ; (Y Position) of the Top Left Laser icon when mining is active

ShipCargoFullBar_X_Pos=1586 ; (X Position) of the Ship Cargo capacity meter when full

ShipCargoFullBar_Y_Pos=1065 ; (Y Position) of the Ship Cargo capacity meter when full

ShipCargoThresholdFullPercent_X_Pos=1570 ; (X Position) of the Threshold percent (e.g. 75% full) so that you ignore mining if asteroid is depleted

[storage] ; STORAGE Section

ShipCargoContainerItemOne_X_Pos=1390 ; (X Position) of the first item located in the ship cargo container when centered on

ShipCargoContainerItemOne_Y_Pos=1133 ; (Y Position) of the first item located in the ship cargo container when centered on

ShipCargoContainerItemTwo_X_Pos=1466 ; (X Position) of the second item located in the ship cargo container when centered on

ShipCargoContainerItemTwo_BlackSpot_Y_Pos=1150 ; (Y Position) of the upper left corner black area of the stack number label for item #2

StationStorageItems_X_Pos=1390 ; (X Position) of the center of the station items container when open

StationStorageItems_Y_Pos=950 ; (Y Position) of the center of the station items container when open

SETUP

See image for details

Image Location: http://TrashBin.nfshost.com/77113

• Set EVE to 1600x1200 Windowed Mode (you can use another resolution but you have to change ALL of the settings in the emb.ini to do so. You can use the finder © in the bot gui to assist you with doing so.
  • SET EVE graphics to "widescreen" so that you get the panoramic title borders top and bottom.
  • Turn off the reactive locking to targets while in space (so you don't automatically lock and target an enemy)
  • Create an overview custom setting for MINING and turn off all objects except for asteroids you want to mine.
  • Set the overview horizontal width to "MINIMUM" and place it flush to the left against the minimized menu bar.
  • Set the overview vertical length "STRETCHED" from the bottom of your screen so that the top is just touching the bottom of the top panoramic border.
  • Set the approach/lock small menu flush to the left against the overview and just below the bottom panoramic border.
  • Set the ship cargo container to minimum width/height and place it flush to the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
  • Set the station items container to minimum width/height and place it flush to the top of the ship cargo container (when docked in the station)

What Does The Bot Do?

• The bot will undock, and warp to your mining spots (whether static or random)
  • The bot will target, approach, lock and mine the resource.
  • If the asteroid is depleted it will check the threshold level you set and if past that point, will avoid mining again and return to the station.
  • If the asteroid is depleted and threshold is not passed the point (roughly 75%) it will lock another asteroid and continue to mine.
  • Once full, the bot will take your ship back to dock.
  • If the dock is held up by lag of any sort, after 2 min, the bot will continue to attempt to redock with the station until successful.
  • Once docked, the bot will empty out your container, checking for two different item slots.
  • It will then Undock and continue on.

LOG FILES and COLOR FILES

Log files look like such:

CODE
[02-02-2009|23:51:18] Initializing...

[02-02-2009|23:51:28] Undocking.

[02-02-2009|23:51:48] Warping to Belt 6.

[02-02-2009|23:52:48] Selecting Target.

[02-02-2009|23:52:50] Approaching Target.

[02-02-2009|23:53:19] Locking Asteroid.

[02-02-2009|23:53:33] Firing 6 Lasers

[02-02-2009|23:53:37] Mining...

[02-02-2009|23:55:36] Cargo Full - Finished Mining

[02-02-2009|23:55:36] Warping to Station 1.

[02-02-2009|23:55:36] Docking.

[02-02-2009|23:56:30] Unloading.

[02-02-2009|23:56:41] Calculating Cycles.

[02-02-2009|23:56:41] ** #################### Ending Cycle Number 1. #################### **

[02-02-2009|23:56:42] Undocking.

[02-02-2009|23:57:12] Warping to Belt 7.

[02-02-2009|23:58:13] Selecting Target.

[02-02-2009|23:58:15] Approaching Target.

[02-02-2009|23:58:33] Locking Asteroid.

[02-02-2009|23:58:46] Firing 6 Lasers

[02-02-2009|23:58:50] Mining...

[02-03-2009|00:00:49] Cargo Full - Finished Mining

[02-03-2009|00:00:49] Warping to Station 1.

[02-03-2009|00:00:49] Docking.

[02-03-2009|00:01:43] Unloading.

[02-03-2009|00:01:54] Calculating Cycles.

[02-03-2009|00:01:54] ** #################### Ending Cycle Number 2. #################### **

==============================================================================

Total Time: 10:27

Cycles: 2

Average Cycle Time: 05:14

COLORS look like such:

2/3/2009 12:09:08 AM : X: 1219,Y: 1062 | Hex: 0x2D3A32 Color: 2964018

2/3/2009 12:18:11 AM : X: 968,Y: 775 | Hex: 0xFCFCFC Color: 16579836

2/3/2009 9:31:05 AM : X: 826,Y: 949 | Hex: 0x7B9500 Color: 8099072

The idea behind the bot is to be as successful as possible, with multiple checks and parameters in place. This bot does this and works for hours.

Enjoy!

Note: .exe is obfuscated and protected for various reasons. The main reason is so that people can't tamper with it and do anything malicious with the code. If you are very sincere and really wanting to work with the actual code, I may (at my discretion) give you the code to use. It is solely up to me though.

Credit to Andraax for some of his initial mining bot ideas. I liked some of his ideas and want to send him thanks for some of the thinking behind my own project.

Edited by Ealric

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

Upload it here.

Thanks mate - done - I'll add instructions shortly.

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

• Instructions Updated
  • EXE (obfuscated au3) File Upload URL included above
  • .JPG configuration image included above

Let me know if you have any questions. Again, it's initially configured for 1600x1200 but using the emb.ini and the built-in finder tools you can set it up for any resolution. I set it up for my laptop which is 1400 x 900 using the same program.

Edited the top to include the correct path of the file.

Tested the download and the file integrity just now and while the download takes a bit long to work, it does work. The file is only 918kb. As a further note, I recommend after launching the program to close it down and edit the emb.ini file to include what bot name you want to use personally. Test out all features as well and report any issues you may encounter with the bot. When finder mode is activated (the C button), the GUI will disappear until you push ALT+ESC to terminate finder mode. This is normal behavior. When finder mode is enabled, you can't miss it. A tiny blue lable will appear below your mouse and follow the cursor around with x,y, dec color coordinates.

Edited by Ealric

• 3 weeks later...

Having a problem with the menus. I changed the emb.ini to reflect my 1400x900 screen, but it seems to not click the menus correctly.

If I warp to the asteroid belt myself after It tries to, it works great - up until it tries to dock, in which I have to again manually dock.

I'm sure that it's because I'm not understanding what menu is what. I wanted to verify that the menu definitions are correct:

(see link to image)

FirstMenu_X_Pos= The First Dropdown Menu after the Triangle - "Asteroid Belts"?

BeltMenu_X_Pos= Is this Mora II, or Asteroid Belt?

BeltSubMenuOne_Y_Pos= Mora II, or "Warp To" ?

Most of the remainder of them could be figured out if I know these three.

StationMenu_X_Pos=Is this "Stations", Or would it be the first "Sub menu" of Stations?

Link to Image

Thank you so much!!

Having a problem with the menus. I changed the emb.ini to reflect my 1400x900 screen, but it seems to not click the menus correctly.

If I warp to the asteroid belt myself after It tries to, it works great - up until it tries to dock, in which I have to again manually dock.

I'm sure that it's because I'm not understanding what menu is what. I wanted to verify that the menu definitions are correct:

(see link to image)

FirstMenu_X_Pos= The First Dropdown Menu after the Triangle - "Asteroid Belts"?

BeltMenu_X_Pos= Is this Mora II, or Asteroid Belt?

BeltSubMenuOne_Y_Pos= Mora II, or "Warp To" ?

Most of the remainder of them could be figured out if I know these three.

StationMenu_X_Pos=Is this "Stations", Or would it be the first "Sub menu" of Stations?

Link to Image

Thank you so much!!

In your screenshot..

Firstmenu = First asteroid belt menu (X Position) OR Asteroid Belts

Beltmenu = First asteroid belt hover (X Position) OR Mora II

BeltSubMenu = Sub-menu for Warp within (X Position) OR "Warp Within"

BeltSubMenu2 = Sub-menu for choosing 10m position

StationMenu_X_Pos = First station hover (X Position) for "Stations"

StationSubMenuOne = Sub-menu for Station Choice (X Position)

StationSubMenuTwo = Sub-menu for Docking selection

In your screenshot..

Firstmenu = First asteroid belt menu (X Position) OR Asteroid Belts

Beltmenu = First asteroid belt hover (X Position) OR Mora II

BeltSubMenu = Sub-menu for Warp within (X Position) OR "Warp Within"

BeltSubMenu2 = Sub-menu for choosing 10m position

StationMenu_X_Pos = First station hover (X Position) for "Stations"

StationSubMenuOne = Sub-menu for Station Choice (X Position)

StationSubMenuTwo = Sub-menu for Docking selection

Thank you for the very quick response, but I'm slightly confused now.

The items in the config are:

BeltMenu_X_Pos=220

BeltMenu_Y_Pos=80

BeltSubMenuOne_Y_Pos=394

BeltSubMenuTwo_Y_Pos=98

StationMenu_X_Pos=109

StationMenu_Y_Pos=124

StationSubMenuOne_Y_Pos=129

StationSubMenuTwo_Y_Pos=174

For BeltSubMenuOne, and Two, as well as StationSubMenuOne/Two, There's no X listed - Should there be one?

Edited by Jasaria

Thank you for the very quick response, but I'm slightly confused now.

The items in the config are:

BeltMenu_X_Pos=220

BeltMenu_Y_Pos=80

BeltSubMenuOne_Y_Pos=394

BeltSubMenuTwo_Y_Pos=98

StationMenu_X_Pos=109

StationMenu_Y_Pos=124

StationSubMenuOne_Y_Pos=129

StationSubMenuTwo_Y_Pos=174

For BeltSubMenuOne, and Two, as well as StationSubMenuOne/Two, There's no X listed - Should there be one?

No, I'm just quoting from my direct code. The X coordinates are set for the other menus and the mouse moves in a right > down > right > down motion. The submenus really refer to the last menus which don't need x-positioning, they just need y-positioning.

Bot will warp to asteroid belt, choose closest asteroid, approach it, lock on, but then will not use the mining lasers.

I, for the life of me, can't get it to work, so I finally broke down and came to ask for help.

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

It might be a false alarm, sorry for the false alarm, just relaying the facts :/

Maybe check the facts next time first before before assuming your AV is right and posting it as a fact? Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...