_IEDocReadHTML & _IEDocReadHTML Scraping info?

_IEDocReadHTML & _IEDocReadHTML

I use these 2 commands to read info facebook webpages (wrestler application) for a statistics program I've written. Part of the facebook TOC states:

"13. You scraped information off Facebook"

They have a zero tolerance policy for page scraping (i.e. pulling content off their web pages via a script). Unfortunately, they don't have a reliable way of proving it's you who's doing the scraping (IP matching is probably as good as they can get), so you may find this a difficult charge to defend yourself against.

My question is do the 2 commands above 'scrape' info from facebook or just pull it out of the IE browser page?

Thanks

Yes you are scraping for facebook, but near impossible for them to get you in a tight lock because simply to many people use the site and if your a simply viewing a webpage you can do anything you want with the html on your computer

0x576520616C6C206469652C206C697665206C69666520617320696620796F75207765726520696E20746865206C617374207365636F6E642E

_IEDocReadHTML & _IEDocReadHTML

I use these 2 commands to read info facebook webpages (wrestler application) for a statistics program I've written. Part of the facebook TOC states:

"13. You scraped information off Facebook"

They have a zero tolerance policy for page scraping (i.e. pulling content off their web pages via a script). Unfortunately, they don't have a reliable way of proving it's you who's doing the scraping (IP matching is probably as good as they can get), so you may find this a difficult charge to defend yourself against.

My question is do the 2 commands above 'scrape' info from facebook or just pull it out of the IE browser page?

Thanks

Have you had a look at the html of facebook?? its all php, so theres next to no info worth while!

Instant Lockerz Invite - www.instantlockerzinvite.co.uk

Have you had a look at the html of facebook?? its all php, so theres next to no info worth while!

Thanks for the quick responses :)

I agree, I use an application on Facebook called wrestler which is a turn based game. I have a stable with 12 other players in it and I grab the html so I can extract the scores for each player, the rest of the html code is useless to me.

I am just trying to find out if I am in violation of the FaceBook TOC and if using the 2 commands whether Facebook would be able to trace it back to my account or IP.

Yes they can trace it back to you, as long as your using the same computer, just they have so many people on their site that your lookups aren't going to bog them down one bit and with all these turn based games that they have.

0x576520616C6C206469652C206C697665206C69666520617320696620796F75207765726520696E20746865206C617374207365636F6E642E

Browsers render and display HTML, not PHP.

IE.au3 works with the object model of the browser on your machine, not with the code on the server. Unless they are analyzing your page usage patterns or timings, I see very little way that using IE.au3 functions could be trapped.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Browsers render and display HTML, not PHP.

IE.au3 works with the object model of the browser on your machine, not with the code on the server. Unless they are analyzing your page usage patterns or timings, I see very little way that using IE.au3 functions could be trapped.

Dale

Thanks Dale, that's how I had assumed it worked but wasn't sure.