Complete beginner question

Guest miroredien

Guest miroredien

I'm trying to get my script to select a particular I.E. window I have open.. like for this forum the window title is "AutoIt Forums -> Posting New Topic - Microsoft Internet Explorer". How can I tell my script to select that window first?

Thanks! Sorry if it's a question you've been asked tons of times :lmao:

[edit] Forgot to add, it's a looping script so obviously I won't need it to select the window every time, just to check that that window is current. Not sure how to do it.

Edited by miroredien

If Not WinActive ( "AutoIt Forums -> Posting New Topic - Microsoft Internet Explorer" ) Then _
   WinActivate ( "AutoIt Forums -> Posting New Topic - Microsoft Internet Explorer" )

just change the obvious in both commands and your good, i hope next time your eyes see the command in the help file

edit: no i did not mess up, my code works

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Your welcome, theres nothing to be sorry about

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]