ie embedded seems to be inactive

xzibit

hello,

i made a gui which works well now wit IE embedded but the only thing i dont found out is why the embedded guy seems to be inactive.

i cant click links in it and some images in the embedded window wont show up.

also if im logging into the site it works perfect and if im clicking some links its ok too but it loggs me automaticly out.

ill provide some code where the site is displayed in embedded ie:

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 1, $TitleHeight, 798, $Height - $TitleHeight - 2)
GUISetState()
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")
_IENavigate ($oIE, "about:blank", 0)
$oIE.document.body.scroll = "no"
$sHTML = "<font face='tahoma' color='#336699'><h1>Welcome !</h1><br /><h2>Please login.</h2></font>"
_IEBodyWriteHTML ($oIE, $sHTML)oÝ÷ Ù©Ýjëh×6          $user = GUICtrlRead($btn1)
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://localhost", 1)
            _IELoadWait($oIE, 1000)
            $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ( $oIE, 0) 
            $oUsername = _IEFormElementGetCollection ( $oForm, 2) 
            _IEFormElementSetValue($oUsername, GUICtrlRead($btn1)) 
            $oPasswd = _IEFormElementGetCollection ( $oForm, 3) 
            _IEFormElementSetValue($oPasswd, GUICtrlRead($btn2)) 
            _IEFormSubmit( $oForm, 4)
            $o_but = _IEFormElementGetObjByName( $oForm, 4)
            _IEAction ($o_but, "click")
            _IELoadWait($oIE)

You didn't show your GUICreate() call. Make sure it includes at least the flags you'll see in the _IECreateEmbedded() example in the helpfile.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

So, please look at the _IECreateEmbedded Remarks and the example in the helpfile.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

no changes after reading.

and same problem is in the example lol - if i compile it.

Then your problem is not with AutoIt because the example script works fine. You have some kind of environment problem on your computer or the web page you are trying to access.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

then it should be an environment problem or something else - cauz it happens to all web pages which are displayed as embedded.

What OS?

If it's Vista, try some of the UAC work-around stuff.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

ok got it now with the images, thanks for the reply as a problem with my IE.

But cant get the inactive embedded gui fixed to be active.

I read the example file as much as i can but the embedded IE in my script wont be active.

I really dont know why. Any help with this would be nice thanks.

P.S. it should be something with the gui ... cauz i dont got the problem on another GDI Gui where im using a child control gui. :)

Edited by xzibit

The code you posted does not use all of the flags for _GUICreate that are used in the _IECreateEmbedded() example or are specified in the remarks. That is why I pointed you there.

Dale

Post a reproducer that uses the recommendations in the example I pointed you to, provide specific instructions on how to see the behaviour you see and be careful to explain what you expect instead... then we'll take a look.

Dale