right click -> no autoit

etfaker

did you use the installer or the zip file? You could go to folder options>file types>.au3 in explorer and see if .au3 is registered and what commands are there (if any). The installer version should add the extensions automatically if you have rights to the Hkey_classes_Root branch of the registry

Edited by Varian

i just reinstalled everything.. autoit + beta .. stil nothing in cotnext menu.. also wenn openening a .au3 (which i set for editing the script) it tells me .au3 is not associated with any programm. I manually changed oen it with scite..

plz can´t anyone help me? every script i try to compile doesnt work.. windows vista 64bit.. anyone maybe ?!

i just reinstalled everything.. autoit + beta .. stil nothing in cotnext menu.. also wenn openening a .au3 (which i set for editing the script) it tells me .au3 is not associated with any programm. I manually changed oen it with scite..

plz can´t anyone help me? every script i try to compile doesnt work.. windows vista 64bit.. anyone maybe ?!

What is shown for properties of .au3 file (right click -> Properties)?

edit:

If everything is written to registry as it should, in properties you should see that it's:

Type of file: AutoIt v3 Script (.au3)

Opens with: AutoIt v3 Script

Do this regardless of what you have done previously:

Click Change... and then choose AutoIt v3 Script /AutoIt Team/ (browse if you have to locate it) and click OK (important!).

That should do it.

If not it's a registry problem.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

What is shown for properties of .au3 file (right click -> Properties)?

edit:

If everything is written to registry as it should, in properties you should see that it's:

Type of file: AutoIt v3 Script (.au3)

Opens with: AutoIt v3 Script

Do this regardless of what you have done previously:

Click Change... and then choose AutoIt v3 Script /AutoIt Team/ (browse if you have to locate it) and click OK (important!).

That should do it.

If not it's a registry problem.

Opens with: Unknown application

how to fix it? :)

Opens with: Unknown application

how to fix it? :)

Didn't I explain? Here again:

AutoIt3.exe (you need to find this when click Browse) is located in \Program Files\AutoIt3 if you haven't changed that when installing.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

type of file: AU3 File (.au3)

opens with: AutoIt v3 Script

still i dont have compile on context menu and every program i try to compile doesnt work :)

That's a huge progress. It means that it's written to registry.

Now do it one more time (post 5). You don't need to browse now. Just click OK (If it's AutoIt v3 Script).

The change should be instant, desktop refreshed, and everything should work.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE